Also interesting that Tom references the Crosman 160 in that blog post.

February 6 2018 at 3:02 PM
Ron Robinson  (Login compressive)
YC

Response to A very good blog by Tom Gaylord "Where Are Airguns Today"

Kudos to Tom for doing so, since the Crosman 160/167 is a truly historic airgun design. However I disagree about the introduction of Crosman Premier pellets being responsible for the revival of interest in the Crosman 160/167.

Acquiring a Crosman 160 as my first collectable airgun is what sucked me into airgun "collecting" in the early 1980s. I was so impressed with the accuracy of that 160 with Eley Wasp and RWS Superdome pellets that I not only used the 160 in my early silhouette competition experiences, but wrote my first published article (for American Airgunner magazine) about the 160 and those experiences. A certain notorious west coast airgunsmith who also regards vintage Crosmans very highly noticed that article, and perhaps also took note of my subsequent state champion titles and national records captured with the 160.

Said airgunsmith then resurrected the Crosman 160/167 design through Chinese manufacture in his Sportsman Airguns .177 caliber QB77 and .22 caliber QB22. If I'm not mistaken, all that took place in the late 1980s; so if Tom isn't mistaken about Crosman Premier dating, all that came about before Crosman Premiers. Certainly my competition successes with the 160 and American Airgunner magazine article did; but I'm not sure about when the QBs came out.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.