<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

EXTREMELY rare air rifle

November 18 2001 at 9:18 PM
  (Login wheelin_ca)

does anyone know of lucznik brand air guns, the gun i have is a Lucznik model 88 air rifle in .177, it is from 1973 and is made in poland. the company who makes it has no record of ever making it and i havent been able to find any info on it

has anyone heard of this gun?
if so, does anyone know the specs, ex fps, muzzle velocity, etc.

thanks, any help is greatly appreciated

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Mr.Breeze
(Login Mr.Breeze)
YFOT

Must be the big brother to....

November 18 2001, 9:54 PM 

the 141 from the 70's.
the 141 is 36 1/2 inches with a 14 1/2 inch barrel.
Rear sight adjustable for elevation by a rider that rests in serations actually cut into the barrel.

HTH
the Breeze

Respond to this message   
MDriskill
(Login MDriskill)
YF12

Lucznik Kl. 188

November 18 2001, 10:43 PM 

The company's name is Predom Lucznik, in Radom, Poland. According to the 3rd Edition of John Walter's "The Airgun Book," the Kl. 188 (not "88"?) was the largest model made by this company. It is 43" long, weights 7 1/2 pounds, and has a sliding manual breech lock that resembles the current Slavia 633. The stock has a nice cheekpiece and narrow grooves in the side of the short squared forend.

A very simple-looking gun, the external trigger screw looks like something typical of 1930's designs. Walter describes them as "not especially impressive" and that the company soon switched to making sewing machines (ouch)!

Although undoubtedly uncommon, I would doubt it is very valuable; there is no high demand to accompany the low supply! These Eastern European guns tend to be rather low-powered, I would guess it is a 600 to 650 fps gun in .177.

The most interesting airgun made by Lucznik was a rather nice copy of the Walther 53 pistol...

Respond to this message   

(Login DanHankins)

Yaver hear of the 1959 Henway lightening NT.

November 19 2001, 3:58 PM 

??????

Respond to this message   
MDriskill
(Login MDriskill)
YF12

Ya got me on that one, Bubba! NT

November 19 2001, 4:59 PM 

x

Respond to this message   

(Login RBest)
YFOT

OK Bubba- what's a Henway?

November 19 2001, 9:56 PM 

about 6 lbs? he he he RB

Respond to this message   
Bill Miller
(Login Milbo)
YFOT

Those had a real nice "comb"!

November 19 2001, 11:59 PM 

Heard you could them for "chickenfeed"!

Respond to this message   

(Login RBest)
YFOT

eggsactly- but they had many "peck"adilloes.

November 20 2001, 12:50 AM 

hooo man, this is getting bad! See what ya started Bubba! Next thing you know, we'll be talking about plump breasts, then I'll really have to wing it ! :>) Russ
PS: do they come with a muzzle beak?

Respond to this message   

(Login DanHankins)

Hee, hee, haw haw, NT Bubba

November 21 2001, 10:44 AM 

?

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - EXTREMELY rare air rifle
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.