<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

NEW WHISCOMBE ARRIVED TODAY!

October 17 2002 at 1:19 PM

Ken  (Login DFWKen)
YFOT

I saw the box. Beautiful cardboard box, in no apparent damage! Judy whisked it away, grinning from ear to ear.

I really didn't expect it to arrive so soon. Now I have to wait til Christmas to see it. I haven't felt this way since I was a kid.

ARRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH! I thought I could take it but now, I'm not so sure. I want to see that grade 3 stock, feel the match grade trigger, see the new color scheme (top half silver anodized), and experience the recoilless action.

Patience. Patience.

It'll be tough, but I'll make it.

Ken

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Dan S
(Login DanSte)
YF

You lucky Dawg...

October 17 2002, 1:29 PM 

but why are you putting yourself through so much pain and anguish? Open the package now! I called Santa and got permission for you! LOL

Have fun.

Respond to this message   
Bill Liles
(Login Billxxxv)

I'll bet a Cold Soda he won't make it till X mas! nt

October 17 2002, 3:19 PM 

no text

Billxxxv

My ego would kill a normal man!

Respond to this message   
steve in michigan
(Login sprhaus)

Dead man walking.

October 17 2002, 3:33 PM 

Ken, you're doomed. Steve

Respond to this message   
Curly
(Login BDodson)
YF

Well I still want to see it.

October 17 2002, 5:47 PM 

Tell Judy to bring it to the Autumn Airgun Fun Shoot Sat. You can just turn your head and don't look. Curly

Respond to this message   

Ken
(Login DFWKen)
YFOT

I was waiting for that suggestion from someone.

October 17 2002, 6:19 PM 

You tell her!
Her email is judy@callairco.com

I promise not to look. My only stipulation is that if she does bring it, no one can shoot it. I have to fire the first shot.

Ken

This message has been edited by DFWKen on Oct 17, 2002 6:19 PM

Respond to this message   
John Ulrich
(Login sgtjohn_1)
YFOT

I sent her a note...

October 17 2002, 7:16 PM 

begging to have a look at it. Hope it works...

Respond to this message   

Wade
(Login airguner)
YFOT

I saw your gun...

October 17 2002, 7:07 PM 

2 weekends ago! A guy by the name of Tom Lykins at the FT Nationals had a new one. It was gorgous, but guess what? It blew a piston seal during the match and went from 1000fps to 600fps and he scored a DNF! Sad but true.

Respond to this message   

Ken
(Login DFWKen)
YFOT

OUCH!

October 17 2002, 9:02 PM 

That one hurt!

Ken

Respond to this message   
Cpt Bob
(Login raford_jr)
YF

Dang It!

October 17 2002, 8:02 PM 

Mine should arrive anytime now. You in club Whizzer now.

Bob

Respond to this message   
Marc
(Login dutchmanmk3)

Thought you could take It!

October 17 2002, 9:05 PM 

Hell, I can hardly stand it and I'm just reading this. For what it's worth, "We feel your pain, Brother Ken"!!!

Respond to this message   

Rod
(Login happyhtr)
YFOT

Re: NEW WHISCOMBE ARRIVED TODAY!

October 17 2002, 9:33 PM 

Welcome to the fold. I have MANY rounds through my Whizzers and love them dearly.I just received mine a few weeks ago (a soft JW65). I have a .25 barrel on it shooting about 17 ft lbs. It's a plastic golf ball, squirrel slaying busta. What cal did you get?

Respond to this message   

Ken
(Login DFWKen)
YFOT

Since I'm mostly a target shooter . . .

October 17 2002, 11:27 PM 

I got it in .177. Also got a .20 barrel for pest elimination (and because I have an RX2 in .20 and loads of pellets).

Respond to this message   
RobbW
(Login RobbW)

Congrats, Ken

October 17 2002, 10:06 PM 

Only a few long weeks until Christmas though. Hang in there, it'll come soon enough and you've got something terrific to anticipate.

I wonder, is there any chance Judy could post a pic or two for the rest of us to see? I'd love to see the look of the stainless, and WE didn't promise not to peek.

Respond to this message   
chasm
(Login chasm)
YC

Whiscombe Titilation

October 17 2002, 10:32 PM 

Ken,

I'm planning on bringing my JW-80 to the Saturday gathering. If your new acquisition is still under wraps, I'll be happy to show folks what you are about to get into. Seems to me though, that you might want that task yourself. Just my thought.

chasm

P.S. Would that LD could attend with his three. cm

Respond to this message   

Ken
(Login DFWKen)
YFOT

Oh, good. That'll hold me over for a while.

October 17 2002, 11:33 PM 

I'm glad you're bringing yours. Mine is a '65 because I didn't want a powerhouse; just a good, accurate JW springer. I can't wait to see yours, first hand.

When I got my custom Serotta bicycle 4 years ago, I special-orded it with a 3 month delivery expectation. Judy jumped at the chance to whisk it into hiding for three more months to present to me as a Christmas present. All my racing buds saw it before I did (at the Bike Mart). Since I HAD a bicycle to ride (my eleven-year-old Merlin), waiting the extra three months wasn't too tough. It did make for a memorable Christmas, though. And it gave Judy the satisfaction and joy of giving me something that I really wanted and watching me become more anxious as Christmas Day neared. It was a win-win.

Ken

Ken

Respond to this message   
RBest
(Login RBest)
YFOT

what derailleur does that Serotta have?(OT)

October 17 2002, 11:42 PM 

Campagnolo or Shimano? RB

Russell Best
BesTunes
BSA Owners Club
C.O.P.S.
fax-(203)484-7382
BesTunes@cs.com

Respond to this message   

Ken
(Login DFWKen)
YFOT

It was the first 'complete' bicycle I ever bought.

October 18 2002, 12:04 AM 

Brakes, bottom bracket, shifter/brake levers, stem, pedals, and both derailleurs were all Shimano Dura-Ace. (9-speed rear titanium cogset and two alloy chainrings up front for 18 speeds). Bicycle weighs about 18 pounds (without me on it).

My previous bicycles were bought piece by piece, replacing cheaper components with better components as I wore them out and as I could afford them. (that was back when I had two kids living at home, a house payment, car payments, etc.) Never did have a complete bicycle with all brand new matching parts until the Serotta.

Remember the eleven year old Merlin bicycle that I mentioned? I sold it about 18 months ago; the proceeds being reinvested in two fine airguns (Anschutz 250 and RWS Diana-100).

Ken

Respond to this message   
Cpt Bob
(Login raford_jr)
YF

It better be Campy!

October 18 2002, 8:31 AM 

Get a nice Italian bike and put on Japanese parts? That's an infamnia! Still got my Litespeed/Campy 9. Congrats on the Whiscombe Ken. Still waiting for mine.

Bob

Respond to this message   
RobbW
(Login RobbW)

Serotta = Ben Serotta. Build in Saratoga Springs, NY.

October 18 2002, 1:45 PM 

And the last three Tours de France have been won with Shimano Dura Ace. It doesn't require the break-in period of Campy, though you don't get the fun of telling folks you have carbon fiber brake levers.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.