<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Webley Senior

February 2 2004 at 8:59 AM
  (Login TonyP2)

Hi, I came across this pellet gun. It seems to be in pretty good shape. I don't see any ser# on it. I also
have a tin of pellets looks like MY SCORE cal 22. Can someone tell me how old these pellet guns are? Are they worth much? I've never seen a pellet gun so well made. Thanks for any info
Tony (puma260guy@aol.com)

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Al
(Login als57)
YC

I would suspect your

February 2 2004, 9:16 AM 

pellets are actually Hy Score. Those pellets were avaliable up thru the early 1980's.

A Webly Senior in decent shape (85%+) is worth at least $100. A box , paper work , better condition would add to it.

Al

Respond to this message   

(Login TonyP2)

Thanks

February 2 2004, 10:25 AM 

Thanks for the quick reply. I just removed the grips
the ser# is 952. Is there a way to find out when this pistol was manufactured. Are they still being made?
Thanks again
Tony

Respond to this message   
Al
(Login als57)
YC

I beleve that all

February 2 2004, 11:55 AM 

Webleys have batch numbers. Thats what the number you have found sounds like. On the older guns it was stamped on the front of the frame. One of the standard reference books has a list of batch numbers and dates of manufacture. Maybe Hiller's book on air pistols?

Al

Respond to this message   
MDriskill
(Login MDriskill)
YF12

Senior

February 2 2004, 1:19 PM 

The Senior went out of production in 1964 or thereabouts. Al is correct, the number is a "batch number" used to keep groups of parts together in the factory, and not a proper serial. As you have no doubt noticed, it is a beautifully finished solid-steel gun with a lot of hand-fitted parts.

If you are just looking for a shooter, though, the current Webley Tempest and Hurricane are designed along the same elegant compact lines, and have more power and superior ergonomics. Not as pretty as the Senior, but just as tough and a lot easier to find parts for, etc. The Senior is more a "collectible" than a "shooter" at this point IMHO.

A fabulous history of Webley air pistols has recently been published, written by Gordon Bruce.

Respond to this message   

(Login texascharles)

Webley Senior

February 2 2004, 11:08 PM 

I found this thread interesting because I have a Webley Senior I purchased about 20 years ago at an old car swap meet for I am thinking $25. It was in really nice condition in the box with a target and some Webley pellets. The box has the instructions printed on a piece of paper glued into lid.

I had forgotten it until a few months ago when I got interested in air rifles. I tried it out in my shop a couple of times at about 30' and it shot fairly good. It didn't shoot very hard compared to the RWS 54's I had in air rifles at that time so I put it back into the safe and forgot it again until tonight.

When I read this thread I went out and got it to examine it futher. It has had some damage done to it by getting shelf worn in my gun safe. But it still appears to have about 95% of the finish. The box I will rate a t 90%. I checked the batch number on the end of the under where the barrel pivots and it is 357.

I made 4 pictures I would like to post to show this gun in this thread but I am not sure how to do it. If you see them you will know I figured it out. Thank you posters about this Webley Senior in .22 for making my evening interesting.
Charles

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Webley Senior
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.