<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

How long does squirrel meat keep in the 'fridge?

September 16 2004 at 8:18 PM
Keith D.  (Login KD1E)

I got my first squirrel of the season tonight. A small young male. I plan to fry the meat up on Saturday. Will it keep in the refridgerator until then or should I freeze it?

- Keith -

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login airgunshow)

I would freeze it ...

September 16 2004, 8:32 PM 

Congrats on legally taking and using game. How long after shooting the squirrel did you clean it ?

Is it an older squirrel or younger ??

I would definately put it in the freezer until Friday night and then place it in the fridge to start thawing out -Wayne-

Respond to this message   
Keith D.
(Login KD1E)

Pretty quickly,

September 17 2004, 9:17 AM 

I skinned & cleaned the squirrel within 15 minutes of taking him. It is a young one and a bit on the small side. The meat was cut up and in the refridgerator 1.5 hrs after taking the game. So I'm thinking that it should be OK for a day or two in the fridge but I'm not sure. Maybe I'll fry it up tonight.

- Keith -

Respond to this message   

(Login IceEater)
YC

Does squirrel taste good?

September 16 2004, 8:43 PM 

What does it taste like? And please dont say like chicken...

Respond to this message   

(Login airgunshow)

It is a dark meat and ...

September 16 2004, 8:54 PM 

It reminds me of a Turkey leg or if it is fried it is a great taste all of its own. Fry the young ones and bake or crock pot the older dogs -Wayne-

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - How long does squirrel meat keep in the 'fridge?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

******** Buy 3rd/4th gen FX Pumps for Superior quality and unbeatable 5 year factory Warranty.********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.