<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

What does 30/30 reticle mean

October 31 2005 at 2:46 PM
  (Login airsnyper)
YF

I was looking at TASCO scopes and some say 30/30 reticle. Are they any good for springers? The price is very reasonable. wonder how are optics compared to BUSHNELL?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
B.H.
(Login vrakes)
YF

The 30-30 reticle has a large outer set of crosshairs

October 31 2005, 3:03 PM 

(for quick target acquisition), and a much thinner inner part of the crosshairs, for target work. I like them very much in general. The size and amount of the crosshair being large and small, as well as how large and how small for each, varies with manufacturers.

Respond to this message   

(Login airsnyper)
YF

thanks for the info.

October 31 2005, 3:08 PM 

which line of TASCO scopes are good for springers? I want something with good optics.

Respond to this message   
B.H.
(Login vrakes)
YF

What gun will you use it on?

October 31 2005, 4:16 PM 

Many of the heavier spring guns will tear a non airgun rated scope apart. Many NON magnum springers will also tear normal scopes apart, due to the double recoil of a spring gun. Precharged (PCP's) are not so critical on scopes, and can take almost any scope.

Respond to this message   

(Login airsnyper)
YF

is for a springer. Beeman R1, NT

October 31 2005, 4:29 PM 

Respond to this message   
B.H.
(Login vrakes)
YF

Then go to straightshooters.com and look up their

November 1 2005, 8:41 AM 

ratings for scopes and guns. It will give you a good idea which scopes will hold up for that, and other, springers.

Respond to this message   

(Login theox)
YFOT

Re: What does 30/30 reticle mean

October 31 2005, 6:09 PM 

30/30: Four picket-shaped posts are set at 90 degrees from one another. The center point is created by the crossing of fine crosshairs that connect the opposing pickets. This pattern can be used to measure distance. Using the 30/30 reticle, the crosshair lines represent an area 30" across at 4x from 100 yards away.

http://www.tasco.com/riflescopes/reticles.shtml

HTH,

Paul

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - What does 30/30 reticle mean
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.