<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Hog Hunt

March 8 2006 at 1:57 PM

Brew  (Login Brew.)
YFOT

Well I have not been on for some time Had the VA. put in hand controls in my truck so know I can drive it. They have me on morphine and some other drugs for the pain and other things.Was hard for me to type but they will cut on that soon and said it should be better for me. But the good news is that the PVA had a drawing for a hog hunt in Tx.And I was one of the whiners for three days hunt hope the airgun in 9mm will work? Tim whent over it for me and that is what I will take and maybe the Carrer 300.22 but i will see. Any one have an idea if this will work ok for me? Because I cant use a power burner it to hard on me so its the air for me. I wish that DAQ. had my .457 done I would take that but not yet.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
tallpaul
(Login tallsaul)
YF

why can't ya use a firearm? vs a bigbore Airgun? nt

March 8 2006, 2:52 PM 

asdf

Respond to this message   

Arnie Elkins
(Login arnieelkins)
YC

Read the original post!

March 8 2006, 3:11 PM 

He answered that question already.

Arnie

Respond to this message   
tallpaul
(Login tallsaul)
YF

sorta missed the hard on me- that is a fallacy...

March 8 2006, 3:25 PM 

the right powderburner would do just the same in the recoil dept. Its physics. The weight times velocity makes the recoil.... can do the same with a centerfire pistol calibre rifle or a .22 mag even - now WANTING to is an excuse... can't or to hard is not.

This message has been edited by tallsaul on Mar 8, 2006 3:31 PM

Respond to this message   

Dano
(Login blown46)
YFOT

re: weight times velocity makes the recoil

March 8 2006, 8:37 PM 

Energy equals half the mass times the velocity squared. This doesn't explain felt or perceived recoil. How quickly the projectile is accelerated makes a difference in perceived recoil. The quicker the acceleration of the projectile the higher the perceived recoil even though the total amount of energy is the same. The weight of the vehicle launching the projectile is also a factor in felt recoil.

Respond to this message   
tallpaul
(Login tallsaul)
YF

yep I simplified it but even then there are suitable firearms in the recoil class..

March 8 2006, 10:22 PM 

asdf

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.