<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

How to make a career 707 more powerfull?

April 19 2006 at 11:40 AM
  (Login Unit12)

Does anybody knows how to make a career 707 more powerfull?
I thougt of making the transfer port bigger but don't want to start at it when I
am not absolutly sure.I know people have don it but can't find anything about it.Help much aprecieted.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login DonMatzeder)
YFOT

A career moves a lot of air

April 19 2006, 11:46 AM 

and the easiest way to make it more powerful is to use a heavier pellet or go to a larger caliber.

Take my advice, I'm not using it anyway.

Respond to this message   

(Login Mac-1)

Get serious about accuracy

April 19 2006, 12:00 PM 

It has all the power you could possibly use.
Why does everyone ask for more. If I gave you 2500 fps you would ask for 2600.
The Career works best with 28,5 grainers at 35-40 fpe.
If you want more power than an Airrifle shooting as hard as a short rimfire get a long rifle rimfire or magnum .22.
I get this all day long.
Get over it!
If all you care about is power the simplest way to make power is to use Helium. 65 fpe becomes 100 fpe.
I live to make airguns accurate and the power game isn't something I'll play because the two are so often mutually exclusive.

Wouldn't "FREE MEN WITHOUT GUNS" be a RIOT?

Later

Tim

Mac1 Airgun

Respond to this message   

Anonymous
(Login DaTopGun)

Re: Good way to put it...........

April 19 2006, 12:06 PM 

Respond to this message   

(Login DaTopGun)

Good Way To Put It, Tim..............

April 19 2006, 12:09 PM 

Respond to this message   

(Login MCW)
YFOT

Tim, are you aware that you still have the 9mm Ultra on your price list? It's a big

April 19 2006, 12:18 PM 

powerful airgun, BTW.

Craig W.

Respond to this message   

(Login Unit12)

just experimenting

April 19 2006, 1:25 PM 

Hi I'not all about power.I just bought a bsa hornet in 12 ft/lbs because i wanted a rifle that gives accuracy, consistency and a lot of shots at the same power.
something u can't say about a standard career for the last 2. Because i thought the career was a lost case anyway i wanted to see if I could push this bad boy even further.
I m not going to play around with helium, just sticking to plain old air thx.

Respond to this message   

(Login BrentGrem88)

True, but...

April 19 2006, 6:01 PM 

I feel that there is a need for a more powerful and extremely consistent/accurate air rifle for long distance shooting, ie. 100-150yds. I am hoping someone with the ingenuity and expertise can eventually do what the Steyr 2025ZM? did to make their 10m match rifle into a 50m bad ass. I do not know squat about the physics, etc. of advance airgunning, but I do believe that there is a market for a long range accurate air rifle. One day it will happen...I hope.

Brent

Respond to this message   

(Login MCW)
YFOT

Fill it with helium for at LEAST 50% power increase. Use Search for details. nt.

April 19 2006, 12:01 PM 

nt

Respond to this message   

Anonymous
(Login chevell)

;

;

Respond to this message   

(Login MCW)
YFOT

I only post when I'm pretty sure of the facts. I've been a heavy user of helium

April 19 2006, 12:13 PM 

for 3-1/2 years now in my:

Sam Yang .45
Career 9mm Ultra
Career .22 Long
Career .22 Carbine
Career .25 Carbine
Career .177 Carbine

I always have a large 6,000psi tank of helium and the same in nitrogen.

This is why I recommended a search of the forum.

Cheers!

Craig W.

Respond to this message   

(Login chevell)

Re: I only post when I'm pretty sure of the facts. I've been a heavy user of helium

April 19 2006, 12:23 PM 

Wouldn't that make a gun shooting at over 1000 fps shoot to 1500 fps? Way over super sonic and probably not ideal.Of course you might be able to turn the power down and get an awful lot of shots that way.I have seen 110 fpe with helium from a .25 posted but I'am not sure how accurate that was.I can get 90plus fpe with mine as it is with air.I read in search where the shot count goes down with helium so I guess I don't see where the advantage is. But I'am sure if you like it there must be a reason.

Respond to this message   

(Login MCW)
YFOT

Thanks for reminding me...

April 19 2006, 1:10 PM 

I've been promising for a long time to compare the shot count of helium and nitrogen but at a ME that they are both capable of (I can make this happen with the Career). I have a gut feeling that I'll get a higher shot count with helium which is no guarantee that the consistency will be any good though

Must get this done!

Cheers!

Craig W.

Respond to this message   

(Login chevell)

Re: Thanks for reminding me...

April 19 2006, 1:49 PM 

Hey if I had a giant bottle of 6K psi helium laying around I would probably be using it also!

Respond to this message   

(Login Unit12)

Re: I only post when I'm pretty sure of the facts. I've been a heavy user of helium

April 19 2006, 1:03 PM 

I see u are using it for a while.
But I'm going to stay with just using air in my airrifle
thx

Respond to this message   

(Login chevell)

Re: How to make a career 707 more powerfull?

Shoot man I can put the end of my little finger in the transfer port on my Career.It's plenty big and shoots plenty hard the way it is.Mines a .25 caliber and I can get 12 shots over 1000 fps or stretch it out to 21 shots at 850-900 fps.The thing shoots so hard it's downright scarey.

Respond to this message   

(Login DaTopGun)

How does dat compare wiff a Gamo Hunter 1250 .22

April 19 2006, 12:10 PM 

Respond to this message   

(Login chevell)

Re: How does dat compare wiff a Gamo Hunter 1250 .22

April 19 2006, 12:18 PM 

Unless that Gamo shoots 37 grain pellets it don't compare.

Respond to this message   
jmag
(Login jmagness)
YFOT

I don't think more power Has to be less accuracy.

April 19 2006, 7:36 PM 

I don't know the math on air guns but I do have an 80fpe .22 that is extremely accurate. I have a 60fpe gun that also is very accurate on any power level. The only thing is the number of shots and learning the curve which is not very difficult. On high power with the 80fpe gun I get 9 shots to the same poi then a 1/4 inch drop for the next several shots. However, if hunting I think 9 shots are more than adequate! jmag

Respond to this message   

(Login chevell)

Re: I don't think more power Has to be less accuracy.

April 19 2006, 9:52 PM 

I agree and my gun seems to shoot much better in the higher power ranges.Never have had to use many shots hunting either.Career's aren't meant to be babied.You shoot them hard,fast and accurate they way they were meant to be shot.

Respond to this message   

(Login Dutch.22)
YFOT

I can tell you exactly how to make your 707 rifle more powerful...

April 20 2006, 12:07 AM 

turn the powerwheel from left to right.

Personally having shot with 70 fpe and getting about 15 shots...
there is too much muzzle jump @ the bore to shoot accurately...
But there is way more than enough power to shoot thru a 2x4....

Keep your career the way it is or better yet...

send it to me.

Dutch

HeheheheHehehehHeehehehe

And aaain't it grrreaaat to be livinnn in the USA.

I never whacked a pigeon, starling, or sparrow that didn't deserve it!!!

1227 and countin....on pigeons..

Respond to this message   

(Login chevell)

Re: I can tell you exactly how to make your 707 rifle more powerful...

April 20 2006, 10:45 AM 

LOL hey thats the best idea I have heard yet,they already have plenty of power.Funny though mine seems just as accurate at full power.Must be that cheese can at the end of the barrel.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - How to make a career 707 more powerfull?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.