<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Mauser 300SL

December 19 2006 at 6:41 PM
  (Login Haldirlives)

Anyone know of a review or test on the Mauser 300SL target rifle?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login Mac-1)

Relum

December 19 2006, 7:12 PM 

They put a psuedo match stock on a underlever taploading sport rifle and slapped the Mauser Badge on it. It was a reskinned Hungarian Relum sporter that was a fairly old design already. Not high tech. Leather seal on the piston and a fairly robust 10 fpe design.
It seemed like the answer to a question nobody asked. In the beginning of the adult AG program at Marksman it seemed some of the stuff they did like this and the Saxby & Palmer project just flat wasn't well thought out.

Wouldn't "FREE MEN WITHOUT GUNS" be a RIOT?

Later

Tim

Mac1 Airgun

<br />

Respond to this message   

(Login 144man)
YF12

Tim's right, it's a Relum

December 19 2006, 8:18 PM 

Target-style stock on the Relum Tornado or Supertornado action. I picked up a Supertornado at Roanoke this year, and its an interesting, if not overly impressive rifle. Like most things from the Hungarian FEG factory, they are built like a tank. The Supertornado has curious dual counterwound mainsprings and no spring guide whatsoever. The trigger is firm, but clean in its break, something I've had no problem getting used to. I do enjoy shooting the Supertornado. From the diagrams I've seen, the Tornado differs in that it has a single mainspring and a double-jointed cocking lever. I'm not sure which action they used for the Mauser.

Personally, I like the Supertornado in its original agricultural form. The Mauser version is sort of lipstick on a pig, if you know what I mean. Also, the Mausers I've seen for sale are usually WAY overpriced. You would do better to find an un-adorned FEG Tornado or Supertornado; you'll get the same gun, but not pay the premium that the Mauser name seems to command.

I think we're all Bozos on this bus.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Mauser 300SL
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

******** Buy 3rd/4th gen FX Pumps for Superior quality and unbeatable 5 year factory Warranty.********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.