<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Who hunts with a Beeman RX-2? Have pics?

January 28 2007 at 3:59 PM
Barry  (Login badbs102)
YC

I am thinking of picking up an RX-2 and am wondering how you guys like yours? Is it a good hunter?

Thanks,

Barry

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
CTRuss
(Login CTRuss)
YF

I've got a "just-plain" RX

January 28 2007, 4:15 PM 

Bought mine new in '91. It's a .22cal. It does the job quite well

Respond to this message   
Randy
(Login randy015)
YC

X2 are nice for the cost.

January 28 2007, 4:15 PM 

They are heavy ,but built well and shoot well,nice stock,nice gun between pcp and springer.We got a few varmints with the one we had.

Respond to this message   
gapwedge
(Login gapwedge)

I bought one a while back and

January 28 2007, 4:27 PM 

I love it for what I do and have absolutely no regrets. I can take rabbit, squirrels, opposum, racoons, ground hog, and probably any other small game. It is a really nice rifle for hitting hard at a good distance. (60-75 yds)If you like the feel of a real rifle in your hands like I do......get one.

I shot the disk blade today at exactly 75 yds. (no wind)

Respond to this message   

Theodore L. Summers
(Login crosman140)
Chn

What is the difference between the RX, RX1 and RX2.

January 28 2007, 4:39 PM 

I have an RX1 in .25.

Respond to this message   

JB
(Login passing-air)
YC

Ted, basically the adjustable trigger and the...

January 28 2007, 5:21 PM 

stock.

RX1 will have a stamped #1 on the rear cap of the receiver tube where you would charge or discharge the gas. Has an adjustable trigger. RX has no stamp and non adjustable trigger. Weight is approximately 8.7 lbs.

The RX2 has the laminated wood stock and different trigger block, non adjustable. Weight approximately 9.8 lbs.

You can trade stocks on the RX's.

I haven't noticed any performance differences between the models other than the laminated version (heavier) has a tad bit different recoil. The non adjustable trigger has always been fine for hunting. I polished the RX1 and RX2 components but left them pretty much adjusted to factory setting.

Mine are in .20 and .22. They like Beeman FTS, JSBs and certain die lot #'s of CPs. For more FPE, less FPS and tad bit less accuracy (non issue for hunting) the Kodiaks work well on ground squirrel, rabbit and crow.

Other than the weight of the rilfe package with scope, it's an excellent hunter.

RX with PW 17.5" .22 barrel & JM compact scope

JB - San Diego

This message has been edited by passing-air on Jan 28, 2007 5:23 PM

Respond to this message   
jenkemfr
(Login jenkemfr)
YF

Re: Ted, basically the adjustable trigger and the...

January 28 2007, 5:34 PM 

looks like mine

Respond to this message   
beammeupscotty
(Login beammeupscotty2)
YF

The RX2 does in fact have an adjustable trigger...

January 28 2007, 8:22 PM 

at least mine does. The manual says no adjustment, but that is just Beeman trying to avoid problems with customers who screw up their guns by mis-adjusting the trigger.

Charter member

Noisy Bridge

Rod & Gun Club

www.nocasa-ft.com

Respond to this message   
Dan
(Login xmasman)
YF

How's that compact scope?

January 28 2007, 11:41 PM 

I have a very similar set up on my R9 except I'm using a compact RWS 4x32 scope. I love the size an balance of the gun w/the compact set up. The only problem is the edges of the field of vision are very blurry. If I try to focus it in I loose focus of the reticle.

Respond to this message   

JB
(Login passing-air)
YC

Dan, it's a Beeman SS2 4X AO

January 29 2007, 12:14 AM 

Worked very well at the distance I used this rifle. I have a few SS2's and they have been bullet proof. Had one on my AR15 for many thousands of rounds.

Best part is it keeps the overall weight down and the c of g. Sometimes I'd like it to be 6X but I find the 4X to be workable on squirrels out to 40 yards.

I have a Leupold 3-9X33mm on my RX1 .20. Good compact scope. Putting the same optics on the FX Cyclone. It will most likely get set at 6X or 8X.

JB - San Diego

Respond to this message   
thomc
(Login thomc)

original Rx from the early 90's does in fact have an adjustable....

January 28 2007, 8:44 PM 

trigger. The first incarnation of guns had beech stocks and an adjustable trigger called the Elite. There is a screw that one must remove the stock to access to adjust for sear engagement(not recommended of course by Beeman at the time) and then there is the large screw located in the trigger guard for length of pull. I think it's length of pull anyway. I haven't had the occasion to adjust it for 12 years at least. The original Rx also had an aluminum fixed piston (unmarked) The swapping out of the aluminum to the steel fixed piston marked with a 1 was what constituted the upgrade to Rx1 status. Beeman gave the option to either order the part and install it for you or send you the part, where, with Airlube, a new seal set and a split Teflon washer, you could DIY. Had to have the Theoben pump though. That was around 1995 as I recall that I did mine.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login boattrash)
YF

Re: Who hunts with a Beeman RX-2? Have pics?

January 28 2007, 4:40 PM 

nice group; what pellets? I am using fts so far with good luck.

Respond to this message   
gapwedge
(Login gapwedge)

Beeman FTS seem

January 28 2007, 5:18 PM 

to be the best. I have not tried them all though. Mine is 20 caliber.

Respond to this message   
jenkemfr
(Login jenkemfr)
YF

Re: Who hunts with a Beeman RX-2? Have pics?

January 28 2007, 5:31 PM 

I have one that i really like,its a .22 carbine.Killed two yote with it this winter and more squirrels than i can count.The gun shoots at 877 with fts(the only pellet that it likes)ragged dime size holes at 50 yards.Keep in mind that this is a heavy gun,not fun too carry all day.And i think this gun is best in .22

Respond to this message   
Joe Bontrager
(Login btrager1978)
YC

Those are some very fat greys!!!

January 28 2007, 6:10 PM 

nt

Respond to this message   

Birdo
(Login jaybirdo)
YC

Mines the RX1 in 20

January 28 2007, 8:21 PM 

And yes it is a great hunter. It is heavy, long and not to easy to cock;; but it has power and accuracy.

See myspace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=92620452

Respond to this message   

Wobbles
(Login WobblesAlot)
YF

Who hunts with a Beeman RX-2? Have pics?

January 28 2007, 9:16 PM 

For some more nice pictures of RX2 in .22 and .20, ask T-Bone on the SS forum. I believe he is some
kind of graphics expert, and posts some really nice pictures. He sometimes inculdes game shot with
them. Always tasteful pictures and very sharp.

I think this was his latest picture. I hope he won't mind my posting it for you to look at.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.