over 800 fps. .22 cal.?

This message has been edited by lee1972b on Jul 17, 2007 10:39 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login RBest)
YFOT

er uh one that doesn't work? LOL

July 17 2007, 10:50 PM 

The BSA Super Ten bull barrel is pretty quiet. The loudest sound is the pellet smacking the target. "WHOP!" RB

Respond to this message   
Zeke Garcia
(Login EzekielG)
YFOT

I was thinking the exact same thing....

July 17 2007, 10:52 PM 

all my rifles are super quiet while in the safe! Seriously my FX Tarantula with a thingy was super quiet....
Zeke

"On top of spring they also make summer, fall and winter rifles"

Respond to this message   

(Login gubb33ps)
YF

Bare barreled...

July 17 2007, 10:58 PM 

..., with no "attachement", aren't any real quiet ones...are some the owners think are quiet, but they don't seem nearly so quiet when shot next to an R7 or RWS 24.

Big heavy springer with a wood stock?

Respond to this message   

todd
(Login toddx)
YC

Quietest out of the box or modded?

July 17 2007, 11:19 PM 

The monkey wrench in your question is that it is a subjective one.
Assuming all guns are shooting 30 fpe,and out of the box, it would be hard to find one as quiet as a Air Arms ERB, (have not heard the BSA Super ten with factory shroud). Air rifle makers are getting more savvy with making their guns with factory shrouds that really cut the noise like the FX whisper, and some DayStates.
Now if you go to "modville" the sky is the limit. People like PAG and AZ and others are putting on after market shrouds that IMO are the ultimate in quieting. A Theoben Rapid with one of these afer market shrouds is at or near the top in quieting but the gun by itself is near the sound of a rim fire when fired with just a bare barrel end.
Another thing I have found is that my shooting environment might be accoustically worse or better than yours causing me to think my rifle is the most quiet or not. My Rapid is a kind of like the sound of a blast puff of air but when I get afield it litterally sounds broken its so quiet.
When I shoot my Air Arms TDR shooting 14fpe and shooting it with a thingy on the end, well now you are talking click quiet where ever I am. That little rifle is a joy to shoot and part of that joy is the lack of sound when I fire it.
Hope this helps.

Desire without knowledge is not good, and whoever makes haste with his feet (or air rifle), misses his way.

Respond to this message   
CY
(Login _CY_)
YC

what's difference between shroud and baffled silencer?

July 18 2007, 9:15 AM 

thinking of paying the $200 tax, getting paperwork done to legally own a removable silencer.

so what's difference between modded shroud and baffled silencer?

Respond to this message   

(Login gubb33ps)
YF

In a lengal sense...

July 18 2007, 5:27 PM 

..probably no difference. Shroud is a big one chamber silencer if the end is closed in to near pellet diameter. Shroud does rely on the barrel as a structual part of it's construction, and there are those taht argue that that makes it legally different from a silencer.

Respond to this message   

chevell
(Login chevell1322)
YF

Re: What is the quietest air rifle....

July 17 2007, 11:25 PM 

My low volume high pressure 1322 rifle conversion pumper is so quiet it seems like it's misfiring when I shoot it into something soft.10 pumps for 815 fps shooting 14.3 cp's.

Respond to this message   

Adam in SoCal
(Login shootistinsocal)

Awesome....You litte show off...

July 18 2007, 12:44 AM 

Great as alway Chevell

Adam in SoCal

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lWDKbSLefW4

Respond to this message   

(Login crosman140)
Chn

With nthe right attachment any airgun can be quited even a loud Sumarta or Career.

July 18 2007, 7:25 AM 

The shooter tends to hear the machanical noise such as the hammer operation whereas a bystander hears nothing on any well silenced gun.

Respond to this message   

chevell
(Login chevell1322)
YF

I have a Career .25

July 18 2007, 12:23 PM 

with a big can on it,but no matter how big that can is there is no way on earth it will be close to the quiet of that pumper I showed. About the best your going to do with a Career is a muffled airnail gun sound.

Respond to this message   

CrPellet
(Login CrPellet)
YF

Who made your attachment?

July 18 2007, 10:47 AM 

Respond to this message   
Rick C
(Login rcashen)
YC

Springers - Venom Tomahawk

July 18 2007, 9:15 AM 

But they don't make them anymore. There are some pretty quiet PCPs if you have the money.

Rick C

Respond to this message   
rh
(Login rehmk5)
YF

Webley Tomahawk vs. Beeman R9

July 18 2007, 2:10 PM 

I sat next to a friend with both.
The Tomahawk (unshrouded) was quieter. More of a dull, thunk. The R9 sounded louded, higher pitched, sharper report.
RH

Respond to this message   

(Login Hookslinger)
YF

Have both....completely agree.....

July 18 2007, 2:48 PM 

the R9 "does" have a sharper report...but both are wonderful guns...

Respond to this message   
rod2311
(Login rod2311)
YF

Are we speaking about springers or PCP's ? (nt)

July 18 2007, 9:28 AM 

nt.

Respond to this message   
Big D
(Login BigD47)
YFOT

BSA scorpion

July 18 2007, 11:08 AM 

I purchased a BSA scorpion with permanently fixed moderator recently from AOA. Cylindrical baffles in this moderator keeps it silent, you can't screw it off the barrel but can unscrew the moderator cap to clean the baffles. 31 ft lbs, average velocity 937(6 fps spread)at 200 bar, .22 cal, and I just love it.
Darryl

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - What is the quietest air rifle....
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.