<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

To James Perotti, I woulda posted below, but it was locked

August 24 2007 at 1:56 PM
L D  (Login lhd)
AR&P

Well, I read your post clearing up your part in the trigger origin, and accept that it wasnt yours, but Steve has already now admitted it realy WAS an old Mauser idea that is widespread in the shootiing world, and he was simply applying it to another model gun. I would give Steve credit for marketing the thing, but he's not doing that either, that being Charlie Tuna and the new guy Skylar.

Yes, for some reason, i was thinking you were the one primarily working on all of Steve's projects for him, and it was for this reason I assigned YOU credit for that trigger. See, when a guy has a new idea and has someone else execute (build) it, very often, there are bugs, twists, turns, etc that need to be sorted out by the builder and the guy that came up with the primary concept often fails to recognize em, or even takes full credit for this! But in this case the primary concept was already old so, the most work was done by the builder!

So, if you did'nt do it ... hey, my memory is now allowing as perhaps it was that Charlie Tuna guy after all that deserves credit as the father of this thing?

Yah, I'll still keep assuming you are the mainn man behind making that floppy scope ideer work, but I guess Charliie get credit he's due for the trigger thing .....

Now perhaps I understand a little why Steve is using the term plagerize when he claims foul .... he feels the way to invent new ideas is to read about em, and the way to execute them is to write about em?

This message has been edited by lhd on Aug 24, 2007 2:12 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jim in PGH
(Login 144man)
YF12

Somebody better lock this one before the fireworks begin.

August 24 2007, 1:59 PM 

Them's fightin' words, if I ever did hear 'em!

I think we're all Bozos on this bus.

Respond to this message   
Ed B
(Login DFWEd)
YC

So.... Anyone been fishing lately?

August 24 2007, 2:09 PM 

I haven't had to time to get out on the water, myself. Just wondering how the sand bass run was this year.

Staying on topic with the forum, HWs are better than Gamos!

Ed B... leaning back in the recliner, with bag of popcorn and soda at hand waiting for the show!

Respond to this message   
Dan D
(Login mightyd)
YC

not in a few weeks, but (hunting pic)

August 24 2007, 2:40 PM 

I popped a couple red squirrels yesterday and the day before.
Lovin' that R9. It now features a Leapers 1-pc mount with a Leupy 3-9x33EFR and an Apex muzzle brake.
Here's a blurry cell-phone pic:

Last time I went fishing, a 24+ inch channel cat pulled my snap swivel apart and made off with my $5 Mepps spoon! It was fun while it lasted
--
Dan (in NY)

Respond to this message   

Mr. TX200
(Login LuvmyTX)
YF

Re: So.... Anyone been fishing lately?

August 24 2007, 3:06 PM 

I get out about every other day

Respond to this message   
L D
(Login lhd)
AR&P

Yah, but makin a retort (supposedly) illiciiting reply

August 24 2007, 2:18 PM 

Then locking the thread cause you have the keys, well, its just sad. I hope JP gets a say if he wants

Respond to this message   

Steve in CT
(Premier Login q1q)
BOI

Please moderators do not lock. I 'll keep an eye on it.

August 24 2007, 3:08 PM 

Everyone in your replies please stick to facts as you see them and leave out your personal feelings.

Thank you.

Steve
Yellow Forums Administrator
http://www.yellowforum.com

"Our unity is our strength."

Respond to this message   
aTg
(Login airTOMYgun1)
YC

The fact is it's just another attack post...

August 24 2007, 6:45 PM 

and adds nothing of value to the forum. It's only purpose was to insult Steve via a cloaked apology to James.

This stuff runs off more people then we'll probably ever realize.

Frank

Respond to this message   
chuck
(Login charlie9g)
YF

grumpy, larry?..........nt

August 24 2007, 3:53 PM 

nt

comin' at you from the supply side

Respond to this message   
Craig W.
(Login MCW)
AR&P

I wonder that if we had a vote for the greatest contributor to this forum,

August 24 2007, 4:07 PM 

just who would win....My money would be on Steve in NC.

I've had private emails and telephone conversations with Steve and I can say that he has PLENTY of ideas for new, innovative, shooting-related products that go WAY beyond what he has done so far.

Craig W.

Respond to this message   

Steve in NC
(Login pneuguy)
AR&P

LD, the only way to account for the nonsense, venom, and falsehoods in your post....

August 24 2007, 4:39 PM 

...spun out of thin air with absolutely no information or evidence whatsover of the events or people involved is: jealousy.

I'll let it go at that.

Except to add that the only thing you are right about, is that James is a very creative guy and a very skilled gunsmith and machinest.

Steve

This message has been edited by pneuguy on Aug 24, 2007 6:51 PM

Respond to this message   
L D
(Login lhd)
AR&P

Damn, when you are right, you are right

August 24 2007, 5:59 PM 

at least about part of it. I AM jealous, but then again, Paul Mauser has been dead since before i was born, so I don't see need to compete against him and a few others I'm jealous of, such as Sam Colt, Paul Giffard, and yes, the great John Browning.

You DID mean Paul Mauser I hope?

Respond to this message   

Steve in NC
(Login pneuguy)
AR&P

You're partially right, LD.

August 24 2007, 6:08 PM 

I meant obvious jealousy of anyone and everyone who can design a proper multi-ratio 2-stage trigger.

Steve

This message has been edited by pneuguy on Aug 24, 2007 6:19 PM

Respond to this message   
L D
(Login lhd)
AR&P

What? Now you bring in Charlie Tuna too?

August 24 2007, 6:11 PM 

go on now!

Respond to this message   

Steve in NC
(Login pneuguy)
AR&P

ROFL! No need for jealousy there, Larry. The Fish has one talent...

August 24 2007, 6:17 PM 

...but you're just as good as he is.

If there was any doubt of that, you've proved it today.

Steve

This message has been edited by pneuguy on Aug 24, 2007 6:18 PM

Respond to this message   
L D
(Login lhd)
AR&P

Well, not that I was wanting to prove anything today,

August 24 2007, 6:33 PM 

But in a way, I guess i have, by getting you to reveal more of your true nature than perhaps you realize.

YOU have shown a bit more of your true character, I GUESS this might allow more to want to vote for you for SOMETHING, but the word "friend" don't spring to mind.

But enough about you (I know, to you, thats hardly possible), I was only really trying to smooth things out with a guy i respect, that being JP.

So, just stop plagerizing me (that IS a multipurpose word, right)?

This message has been edited by lhd on Aug 24, 2007 6:34 PM

Respond to this message   

Steve in NC
(Login pneuguy)
AR&P

Talking about revealing character (and the lack of it), please...

August 24 2007, 6:42 PM 

1. Back up your ridiculous implicit "plagerizing" [sic] accusation with actual evidence.
...or...
2. Retract it.
...or...
3. Understand that you'll have further confirmed your dishonesty.

And no. "Plagerizing" seems to not be a word at all (at least not in English).

Steve

Respond to this message   

JohnB
(Login spysir)

Maybe it not really LD ,

August 24 2007, 5:56 PM 

Though someone here likely understand IP's better than I do.
I know one fact, Steve's trigger in our 2240 was THE sthuff! And I am just speculating here now, with my skill level I dont think I could have installed a Mauser trigger in it (I think I am right??).
Is that Charlie guy the one that harvested IP's here? And now his "forum" is pretty well SLIMED down and he makes M/B for hobby money?
I hope someone can figure out a way for me to put a IZH61 trigger in the Bam50!
John

Respond to this message   
L D
(Login lhd)
AR&P

Or, if you wanted to take the time

August 24 2007, 6:49 PM 

You could simply clean and polish that BAM50 trigger, adjust it properly, and have a trigger just as good as that in the a well set up IZH '61, or better than one in the as-issued state.

Some folks feel the Daystate design was bad, but its not, its just that few can understand by just looking, how it works and most are too lazy to tear into it and really study one til they get it just the way they need.

Respond to this message   

Steve in NC
(Login pneuguy)
AR&P

John, just as soon as Big Ed gets around to making the trigger...

August 24 2007, 6:55 PM 

...that he and I are collaborating on, I'm pretty confident that there're going to be some very surprised people.

It's a true, fully adjustable, (4-way) multi-ratio, 2-stage design - radically different from the stock phony-2-stager.

Some people will understand the difference.

Everybody will FEEL the difference.

Steve

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.