<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

FX Monsoon Blown O-Ring Repair

February 28 2008 at 7:43 PM
Sandune  (Login sandune1)
YF

Hello - I seem to be having a problem with my Monsoon - sometimes (on a full full) it won't cycle 100% of the time, I think it's a blown o ring.

How hard is this to fix, I've never taken apart an airgun before and not handy at all. I don't want to screw up my monsoon by taking it apart.

Is there anywhere in SoCal that can check it out/fix it? Wondering how much something like that costs? Thanks in advance everyone.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login drew1728)
YC

Re: FX Monsoon Blown O-Ring Repair

February 28 2008, 10:11 PM 

you can check the breech if the o ring is not there, just cork the gun put on safe have a look, that o ring replacement do not need to take your gun apart.

Respond to this message   

(Login n6yyo)
YFOT

Call me if you are near Huntington Beach, or Tim if you are closer to Gardena

February 28 2008, 11:15 PM 

I thought I responded to you earlier, but I guess I didn't submit the response.

I probably have an extra I could spare. Email me if you are close to HB.

Joe <><
http://www.hamcontact.com/airgun/HoseAssembly/

Respond to this message   
sandune
(Login sandune1)
YF

Pictures

February 28 2008, 11:34 PM 

don't know if these help any.

I'm willing to drive if someone can fix this thing. Maybe it's not the o ring?

Respond to this message   
sandune
(Login sandune1)
YF

Another Pic of the O-Ring just hanging out

February 29 2008, 1:23 AM 

Just fired it and o-ring is in middle

Respond to this message   

(Login Mac-1)

Bring it in

February 29 2008, 11:47 AM 

If it is a .22 cal the oring is a #009. Pretty simple fix that will probably never fail if you use the good stuff. 90 Durometer urethane is the stuff that will solve the problem permanently.
That oring is supposed to be sandwiched between the brass piece and the back of the barrel which the brass piece presses over.
Sometimes the brass piece can move off the back of the barrel in which case the barrel needs to be removed and the oring replaced and then the brass piece needs to be loctited in place.
Usually something we can do while you wait depending on how busy we are.
My Shop is in Gardena. Open hours are 11-6 M, TU, F & Sat. 310-327-3581
If you replace it with a like hardness oring you'll need to get a few as they only last so long. A hard urethane oring will last for a very long time. We've yet to see any fail.

"NO GUNS WOULD BE A RIOT"

Later

Tim

Mac1 Airgun

Respond to this message   

(Login WNCAGC)
YFOT

Could you use..........

March 1 2008, 7:33 AM 

a o-ring like those you buy from Harbor Freight in the kits that are metric sizes?

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - FX Monsoon Blown O-Ring Repair
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.