<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Dive/Scuba shops in Northern NJ, Lower NY?

August 10 2008 at 11:10 AM
  (Login only1harry)
YF

that will fill my scuba tank?

I 've been to 2 dive shops so far in Orange County, NY and they told me a I need to be a certified diver to get my tank filled. I work in Northern NJ (Parsippany & Princeton area) so it wouldn't be a problem stopping somewhere in Jersey or Rockland County, NY on my way back home. NYC (and LI) is out of my way though.

Where do you Jersey/lower NY guys get your scuba tanks filled?
thanks for the info!
Harry

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login ledlauncher)
YC

Middletown, NY has a Gander Mntn store

August 10 2008, 11:32 AM 

Just off I84, in the Goshen RT 17 area, that store has a new scuba / dive section. Maybe worth it to call first if that is in your general area of interest. Not far up that same road is a smaller scuba / dive shop.

Last year Gander was awaiting the certification on the refill station, but the smaller shop up the road was ready to go.

Gander Mountain
100 N Galleria Dr
Middletown, NY 10941
(845) 692-5600

Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Westchester and Yonkers Counties

*Up the road from Gander Mntn
*Middletown Scuba
17 Dolson Route 17M
Middletown, NY 10940
914-343-2858

Couger Sports
917 Saw Mill River Road
Ardssley, NY 10502
914-693-8877

Scuba Network
2037 Central Park Ave.
Yonkers, NY 10710
914-779-2966

Westchester Dive Center
500 N. Main Street
Port Chester, NY 10573
914-937-2685

LL

Respond to this message   

(Login only1harry)
YF

thanks LedLauncher!

August 10 2008, 12:13 PM 

Middletown Scuba said they would do it for paintball & airgun useage without diver certification. He suggested I write on the tank "for paintball use only" so he can make sure that 's what I intent to use the tank for. Kind of strange but I don't care. Whatever it takes.
thanks!
Harry

Respond to this message   

(Login n6yyo)
YFOT

If you would please list your tank fill locations on the pull down (link enclosed)

August 10 2008, 2:30 PM 

Respond to this message   

(Login mercury440)
YC

scuba refill

August 10 2008, 5:25 PM 

poukeepsie has two scuba shops that will do it.

Respond to this message   

(Login BillC.)
YFOT

Princeton area

August 10 2008, 10:36 PM 

I use a dive shop on Rt 206 north of Princeton in Belle Mead. "The Scuba Connection" will do 4500lb fills and has been filling my CF88 for a couple years now. Their about half way between Princeton and Hillsboro in the complex at Mountain View Rd.

http://www.tscscuba.com/

Respond to this message   

(Login only1harry)
YF

Thanks everyone!

August 11 2008, 5:47 PM 

Bill:
I 'm in Princeton twice a week and drive by Mountain View Plaza on Rt.206! I 'll be sure to pay them a visit.
Thanks
Harry

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Dive/Scuba shops in Northern NJ, Lower NY?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.