<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

.458 DAQ Ammo

September 30 2008 at 11:41 PM
  (Login OneHole)
YF

For those of you who own a .458 DAQ rifle and are wondering what hunting ammo to feed it, save yourself some time and aggravation and try some of Robert Vogel’s custom cast bullets.

Robert has already gone through the trial and error and considerable expense of finding the right molds to make some outstanding hollow point bullets that shoot extremely well in the .458 DAQ. I am very impressed with the performance of the 422 & 356 grn bullets. My gun shoots the 422grn bullets just a little bit more accruately, but that’s my gun, yours may shoot the 356grn better. My best group last Friday with the 422grn bullet was a three shot group at 53 yards that could be covered with a quarter, two of the shots came off of the same fill! I then refilled for the third shot.

In my stock .458 DAQ, if you can call a hand built DAQ rifle a stock gun, the 422grn bullets leave my barrel at approximately 730fps, while the 356grn bullets move out at about 770fps.

At this time I can only talk about the positive attributes of the bullets hollow point design and accuracy. Hopefully after this weekend I’ll be able to talk about how it performs on white-tailed deer.

I will keep you posted.

Ken Cox

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - .458 DAQ Ammo
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.