<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Suggestions on where to find a stock for HW55?

March 20 2009 at 4:47 PM
  (Login Flintsack)
YC

Does anyone know where can find a fancier walnut stock for my 55? Tyro would be awsome. I enjoy the finish work.

Mike

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login mnoe)
YC

JM (ARH) just had a DIY tyro 55 walnut stock on his site...

March 20 2009, 4:50 PM 

seems to be putting up a fair number of stocks lately. I hadn't seen a 55 stock offered before - maybe a sign of things to come. Keeping an eye on his 'specials' page is well worth it.

Other than that, perhaps one of the custom guys (corcoran, abernathy) might make one up....

hope that helps.

Matthew Noe

Respond to this message   

(Login Flintsack)
YC

So, watching the "specials" page

March 20 2009, 5:13 PM 

Is the only way to catch one? How recent was the tyro there?

Thank you for the advise, I thought I was having trouble navigating his page. Did not realize it was something that would just pop up for sale.

Mike

Respond to this message   

(Login mnoe)
YC

I think that tyro sold

March 20 2009, 5:16 PM 

or at least disappeared (I think he might pull things and relist them later) early in the week. Somewhere around $210 or so, if I remember.

He does throw up some oddball stuff up there (from stocks, special parts runs, to NIB vintage rifles) pretty frequently. I keep the page open and check it all of the time.

You never can tell what will show up, and most of it moves pretty quickly.

I do love the 55 - have a new-to-me 55SM showing up next tuesday!

Matthew Noe

Respond to this message   

(Login Flintsack)
YC

That hurts to miss a tyro, so close

March 20 2009, 5:38 PM 

If i would have posted this question earlier in the week I may have got it.

finally found a very nice 55 two weeks ago, love shooting it in the basement. I seem to find myself picking it up instead of the fancier 10m stuff i have.

Mike

Respond to this message   

(Login mnoe)
YC

I've gone through a fair number of vintage 10m guns

March 20 2009, 5:43 PM 

too....only one left is a FWB 150 tyro....and 3 HW55s. They seem to be a nice mid point between a sporter and a true 10m rifle. A bit lighter for plinking, and still more accurate than me, for sure.

Good luck with your search. I'll keep my eyes open for you....

M

Respond to this message   

M'hackett
(Login 22MK1)
YFOT

Does the 55 take the same stocks as R something Beeman guns?

March 20 2009, 6:17 PM 

[linked image]

[linked image]

http://www.airgunstock.com/index.php?p=1_9_DIY-HW-
Somebody must have snapped up that 55S with stock and JM kit to put in it for less than a new Beeman. He was selling it either a DIY stock or a finished one but the ones above are DIY ones ones that he doesn't sell done.

How much DIY you may ask?
http://www.airgunstock.com/index.php?p=1_6_FAQ

And the best part!!
http://www.airgunstock.com/index.php?p=1_2_Services-Pricing

Respond to this message   

(Login Flintsack)
YC

different mounting setup, nice stocks, thanx

March 21 2009, 12:54 AM 

Respond to this message   

(Login GTBlackwell)
YFOT

Mal, an R-8 stock would fit a HW 55 but you would have .....

March 21 2009, 1:38 PM 

tp relieve it for the locking lever, unless it were a 55 "F" variation, the one without the lever. Oh course about the only thing harder to find than an R-8 is an R-8 stock...LOL

GB

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Suggestions on where to find a stock for HW55?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.