<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Some guns you don't see every day

April 11 2009 at 12:13 PM
Jim in PGH  (Login 144man)
YF12

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

These are three offerings from FEG in Hungary, sometimes known as Relum, Telly, Grothaus, Neckermann, Precise Minuteman, just to name a few. All three of mine are .177.

The little blonde on the left has no markings whatsoever, other than "Made in Hungary" and the number stamp "8 1946," which may or may not be a date stamp. It has the customary Relum longitudinal grooves on either side of the forestock, the rounded front forks, and the unique concentric screws at the front of the trigger guard. The outer hollow screw mounts the action to the stock, and the inner screw adjusts engagement of the direct-sear trigger, all hallmarks of Relum Breakbarrels. I added the scope rail, and it's currently wearing a Leapers 4X32 crossbow scope. I find the crossbow reticle very handy for this gun.

In the middle is my most recent acquisition, a very unique little sidelever. This one is stamped Neckermann, which I have learned is a German mailorder house that used to sell air rifles. It has the traditional Telly emblem on the stock. The powerplant is a very unique design that involves a sliding transfer port and a very light piston with what appears to be a nylon piston ring. I posted pictures of the innards on the vintage forum.

On the right is what is known as the Relum Supertornado. This one is stamped "Precise Minuteman." It's an underlever taploader with two concentric counterwound springs. I have added a QB79 front sight assembly with a clear disk aperture, and a Crosman 411 peep. It is quite heavy, and while it is a tad buzzy, it has a very stable shot cycle.

There's all sorts of strange stuff out there, and most of it winds up passing through my hands.

I think we're all Bozos on this bus.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
eric
(Login talon24)
YF

thanks

April 11 2009, 12:45 PM 

great post and pic . love classic mechanical stuff . The one the left looks alot like my first diana ca 1970 ....

eric

Respond to this message   

ejwills
(Login oldwizzer)
YFOT

Thanks for sharing...nt.

April 11 2009, 12:55 PM 

nt.

Sometimes silence is golden,sometimes it's not.

Respond to this message   

bbgunbob
(Login bbgunbob)
YFOT

????????

April 11 2009, 1:17 PM 

Howz it going with the 300S you picked up in Findlay??
Or have you even started it yet??

BBGun Bob

Air Guns Create Questions????
Together we can write the answers!!

Respond to this message   
Jim in PGH
(Login 144man)
YF12

Patience, Bob.

April 11 2009, 2:02 PM 

There are some details on the vintage. I got it shooting, and shooting quite well. The stock is coming along nicely, but I have to wait a while to buy essentials like sights (front and rear,) a buttpad, and a new breach seal and piston buffer.

Don't worry, I'm taking lots of pictures every step of the way.

I think we're all Bozos on this bus.

Respond to this message   

bbgunbob
(Login bbgunbob)
YFOT

Piston Buffer

April 11 2009, 2:20 PM 

Hey Jim when you order a piston buffer let me know I could use one too I'll split the cost if you like..I'v been gathering parts to rebuild mine this fall.Got a 1 piece JM spring.And a new blue breech seal from Louis Reinhold in Down Under Land.I think the buffer is all thats left to acquire to do a decent rebuild.

BBGun Bob

Air Guns Create Questions????
Together we can write the answers!!

Respond to this message   

Mike in NC
(Login BuyMyJunk)

It's photos like that that make me want to buy more guns. I was getting ready to go

April 11 2009, 2:05 PM 

outside and shoot thinking I need a new gun. Now you've just feed the desire even more. My favorite looks wise is the far right one. Thanks for sharing.

goer on ebay and BuyMyJunk on GunBroker for BOI and for sales that either didn't sell on the classifieds or couldn't.

Respond to this message   
Pete
(Login PlinkerPete)
YC

Relum "blonde"

April 11 2009, 9:45 PM 

I've got your little "blond's" twin sister sitting on my lap right now. (Don't tell the wife). No markings regarding Hungary or date, but MARLA 34164 is stamped on the breech. This one needed a new leather seal which I made and installed. It's very accurate like most Eastern European guns seem to be.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.