<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Benjamin EB22 vs. Crosman 2240

July 30 2009 at 9:06 PM

(Login airgunfood)

I'm almost ready to pull the trigger. What do you guys think of the Benjamin EB22? I know the 2240 has a cult following, and I'm sure for good reason, so it the current favorite, but what about the Benjamin EB22?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login RogerV55)
YF

Nice compact holster gun

July 30 2009, 9:26 PM 

I like them for the size, small enough to carry in a holster. The trigger could use some help no where as good as a tuned 2240 trigger IMO. The 2240 is a great gun and I shoot it 100 times more but not a holster gun.

My Sheridan E20
[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

My 2300

My 2240

RogerV

Respond to this message   

Bill S.
(Login tripleguy)
YFOT

Love that shiney pistola!

July 30 2009, 9:31 PM 

I love those chrome EBs. There is something nice about a compact CO2 pistol. The Crosman 150s are another fine example, but no where near as pretty.

"but I'll be needin' that gun, fer squirrels and such."

Respond to this message   

zoned
(Login zoned)
YC

Oh yeah?

July 30 2009, 10:20 PM 

Respond to this message   

(Login RogerV55)
YF

Not chrome Highly Polished Nickel

July 30 2009, 11:06 PM 

Yep I like shiny things but hard to care for.

RogerV

Respond to this message   

(Login airgunfood)

wow...I like your pistols

July 30 2009, 9:40 PM 

makes me want to buy both!

Respond to this message   

(Login RogerV55)
YF

I have two of the Sheridan E20 pic of #2

July 30 2009, 10:19 PM 

They were a limited production only made in 1990 special serial range of EOOXXXX. They have a squared off breech unlike the Benjamin rounded breech. Fun gun to shoot but loud thats why I hardly shoot them. I may consider selling or trading one.

RogerV

Respond to this message   

eric
(Login justjohnny)
YC

i might be interested

July 31 2009, 3:45 PM 

if you would like/decide to sell one

TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

Respond to this message   

(Login plinkerton)
YFOT

EB22 ...

July 30 2009, 10:49 PM 

The EB22 is one of the smallest CO2 pistols around, considerably smaller than your typical 2240. As the previous posted pointed out, it's a great carry gun and fits easily into a holster. If you camp or fish the EB is a good choice. It's compact and since it's made mostly of brass and stainless steel it's somewhat rust resistant.

In stock form the EB is moderately powerful and loud. Tuning options for the EB are limited but you can improve the trigger and tweak the valve and springs for a little more power. If you're really into tuning/modding or need max power the 2240 wins hands down (mainly because you can fit them with a long barrel). Having said that, I really like the EB. I have one that I home tuned and it's a surprisingly accurate little powerhouse. It's real lively with a big bark and noticable muzzle flip (the bloody thing recoils like a small caliber firearm). For me it's a blast to shoot because it sounds/feels like a firearm. Definately not back yard friendly though.

Respond to this message   

(Login lhd)
YF

Find an Old Benjamin 250 or 257

July 31 2009, 12:55 AM 

That Sheridan is based on the MUCH SMALLER Benjamin co2 pistol of the fifties! The old Benji could fit in the back pocket of a par of Levi's! How? They used the old 8gm bulb, for one thing.

Respond to this message   

(Login jamieray)
YC

E20

July 31 2009, 2:04 AM 

Never seen an E20 but those are SHARP. What do they go for? Whats the velocity?

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Benjamin EB22 vs. Crosman 2240
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

******** Buy 3rd/4th gen FX Pumps for Superior quality and unbeatable 5 year factory Warranty.********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.