<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Crosman 38T jamming

August 17 2009 at 12:44 PM
TCooper  (Login t-cooper)
YF

I'm trying to fix an old Crosman 38T revolver. The trigger will move all the way when the side plate is removed. The hammer will drop too. Once the side plate is installed, the trigger will only pull about 1/2 to 3/4 way and the hammer won't fall. Also, I cannot cock to single action mode with the side plate installed. Without the side plate, the hammer will cock to single action mode. I have seen this problem with a couple of 38T/38C pistols and was wondering about a fix. I'm guessing that part 38A054 is somehow not moving freely. I tried a second side plate and the pistol still jams. I tried a second cylinder and it still jams. There are no visible burrs on the sideplate and part 38-125 is in place.

Any ideas of the problem?

Parts diagram
http://www.crosman.com/pdf/manuals/cros ... 2-EVP2.pdf

Many thanks,
Todd

This message has been edited by t-cooper on Aug 17, 2009 4:59 PM

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.