<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Daisy Avanti 853 parts

September 15 2009 at 7:58 PM
Kris Whiteleather  (Login Whiteleather)
YFOT

Waaaaahhhhh! I bought a used CMP Daisy 853. The stock was sticky with tape and paint and Sharpie marker, but after shooting some superb groups with it I decided it deserved a refinished stock.

After 5 days of scraping, sanding, staining and re-coating I re-assembled her to do a little paper punching. Well the bolt handle snapped after 12 rounds. Not all the way off, but the connection in the front just broke.

I sent a note to Daisy about getting parts, but thought I should check in here too. So where can I get parts for this thing. It is too good a shooter to junk.

Kris in NY

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login 144man)
YF12

Daisy is GREAT for parts

September 15 2009, 8:04 PM 

I suggest you call them. They have just about anything you need for the X53 series of guns, and the prices for parts are beyond reasonable, all the way to ridiculously cheap. My guess is your shipping will be equal to, or maybe exceed the amount you actually pay for the parts you need.

I agree, they are GREAT shooting guns, as long as you keep your distance reasonable for what it is. I highly recommend the Pilkington trigger mod. It's easy to do and can be done with simple homeowner tools. I've done it successfully on a 953, 753, and even an old 850.

BTW, my 753 is the gun I would choose for target shooting inside 20 yds, if money were on the line. (Even over my FWB 300S.)

I think we're all Bozos on this bus.

Respond to this message   
Kris Whiteleather
(Login Whiteleather)
YFOT

Thanks for the support, Jim.

September 15 2009, 8:51 PM 

Just got an auto responder from Daisy recommending that I call since e-nail is slow on the turnaround.

The 853 I have is shooting in the 480 range. I thought my chrono was broken because I got 480.1-480.1-480.1-480.2-480.2-480.1 etc. The SD came out as "0". Slow? You betcha. But even my competition handloads don't have that consistency.

I saw the pilkgun trigger mod...I would only try it if I had half a dozen triggers and sears to play with.

I see an 853 repair kit along with a video is available from one vendor. Perhaps I should go that route.

Cheers,

Kris in NY

Respond to this message   

(Login n4jee)
YC

Bolt handle is Part Number 853-30

September 15 2009, 10:05 PM 

Ask them for a exploded diagram with parts list. The bolt handle is $2.50, so yes you'll pay more for postage. You might want to get a couple of trigger assemblies $2.00 P/N 853-20. Includes 18, 19, 20, 22, 23. Then you can practice the trigger job. Next to the trigger job in the 10P files is a picture essay that I did which shows you everything that you'll see in the video, but with the shot strings you're getting I wouldn't touch a thing.

Gene Jenkins
n4jee@arrl.net
352-478-8012

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Daisy Avanti 853 parts
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

******** Buy 3rd/4th gen FX Pumps for Superior quality and unbeatable 5 year factory Warranty.********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.