<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

will your walmart take returns on airguns?

October 21 2009 at 2:34 PM

Dennis  (Login kawaboy-zx11)
YF

i bought an air rifle from walmart yesterday and i went to return it today and they said no returns on guns.... thats funny because when i bought it i asked the guy in sporting goods if i could return it if i wasnt happy with it and he said yes....well customer service just told me no. Dennis

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

ray1377
(Login ray1377)
YF

You need to contact somebody

October 21 2009, 2:40 PM 

who's over customer service, like the store manager.
I was always told if you have all the original box and packing with the receipt showing where you purchased it, they would either exchange it for another one, or put the amount on a walmart gift card or in some cases refund you your money.
Now I know there used to be NO refunds or returns on electronic equipment.
Call bentonville, their home office and ask them.

Respond to this message   
todd
(Login wharfrathoss)
YF

they let me return a crosman quest i bought there

October 21 2009, 2:46 PM 

suppose it depends on who's working the counter. if it's their policy for no returns on airguns, it should state that on the back of your receipt. it may also help if you tell them the gun doesn't work or in my case, was missing a scope that was pictured on box.

one store, i forget which, told me no returns on firearms. as i pointed out that none of the firearms ammo they sold would work in an airgun, they took it back. you might have to talk to a manager & point out the difference between airguns & firearms.

Respond to this message   

Dennis
(Login kawaboy-zx11)
YF

so i just called a different walmart

October 21 2009, 2:50 PM 

and spoke to someone in sporting goods and told them i just bought it yesterday and have my reciept, and she said no returns on guns and if there was something wrong with it i have to go thru the manufacturer. Dennis

Respond to this message   
Jim in SWMO
(Login jmhenrichs)
YF

Yes, I took one back this summer.

October 21 2009, 2:52 PM 

Like you I asked when I bought it and was told I had 90 days for an exchange or return. I took back a Beeman RS2 dual caliber which had an off-center trigger and visible barrel droop. Took it back the same day, no problems at all. I agree with Ray, you need to talk to the store manager and ask why. It may be that Walmart has changed their policy on gun returns or it may just be that particular store's policy. Good luck, hope you get it straightened out.

"You've come far, pilgrim."------"Feels like far."
"Were it worth the trouble?"----"Ah, what trouble?"

Respond to this message   

airgunandy
(Login airgunandy)
YF

Yep

October 21 2009, 2:52 PM 

I know a lady who works in sporting goods at the local Wally World. They get returns on airguns every so often. They used to sell firearms at this store and firearms were "all sales final" no returns, but airguns have always been returnable. Perhaps someone at your customer service counter was just confused?
This same lady used to work at the customer service counter and the stories she'd tell about how CS associates would get stuff messed up......

This message has been edited by airgunandy on Oct 21, 2009 2:56 PM

Respond to this message   

Dennis
(Login kawaboy-zx11)
YF

return

October 21 2009, 2:59 PM 

well, it wasnt just the customer service lady was confused, she called up the guy from sporting goods and he asked me if i fired it and i said a couple times, and he said nope, not returnable there is another near by walmart im going to try. Dennis

Respond to this message   
Sam
(Login rwssam)

Re: Yep

October 21 2009, 3:15 PM 

About four years ago bought a crosmam springer. That same day after target practice, the front sight green fiber optic vanished somewhere between the firing line and the walk back to the trunk of my car.

Took it back to wal mart, next day, with box and all within it. Offered to show them the fault. The lady said, I don't know nothing about air rifles, none in stock(same model), all I can do is a refund? I said "Thank you".

Sam

This message has been edited by rwssam on Oct 21, 2009 3:20 PM

Respond to this message   
RJohn7387
(Login RJohn7387)
YF

Gun equals firearm, Pellet rifle equals Pellet rifle!

October 21 2009, 3:29 PM 

Insist they're not the same, ask to speak to the acting store manager. Tell/explain to him/her how a pellet rifle is not a GUN since it's not locked up behind the counter.
Unless you live in one of THOSE states where Pellet Rifles are considered firearms and they too are all behind the counter as well.
It's a simple argument.Have at it! I have and won.

Respond to this message   
Scott in Hawaii
(Login robinsonmac)
YF

Not true. You can return any airgun to any Walmart store if it is in its' origional

October 21 2009, 3:35 PM 

packaging & undamaged within 30 days. You can not return any firearms. Call corporate offices to get it taken care of.

Aloha
Now go out & shoot!

Respond to this message   

Dennis
(Login kawaboy-zx11)
YF

well i just found return policy on website

October 21 2009, 3:42 PM 

are airguns really guns i wonder? here it is.................................................... 45 days with receipt: Computer components and computer accessories.
30 days with receipt: Camcorders and digital cameras.
15 days with receipt: Computers and postpaid cell phones.
These items must be unopened: Prerecorded music, movies, and software products.
Guns & Ammunition: Sales are final.
Tobacco & Alcohol: May only be returned to the store of purchase with original receipt (except where prohibited by law).
WIC Purchases: No refund for WIC-acquired items. WIC-acquired items that are defective or out-of-date may only be exchanged for identical product. WIC-qualified items must be returned with the original receipt.

Respond to this message   
Jim in SWMO
(Login jmhenrichs)
YF

Isn't it nice when the lines of what's what get muddy?

October 21 2009, 3:53 PM 

This may come back to being your local store's policy. They may be going by a local ordinance which regards airguns as firearms in your area. Where are you located?

"You've come far, pilgrim."------"Feels like far."
"Were it worth the trouble?"----"Ah, what trouble?"

Respond to this message   

Dennis
(Login kawaboy-zx11)
YF

indiana

October 21 2009, 5:09 PM 

i found the return policy on the main walmart site, i dont think its state specific. Dennis

Respond to this message   

Jon
(Login JonAg1)
YF

Re: Airgun Returns

October 21 2009, 3:55 PM 

I have returned a few airguns to Walmart and was told of that policy once. I simply asked for a manager, while stating that it wasn't a firearm. Manager came and said "yeah we can take these back, they're bb guns."

Respond to this message   
David Coffey
(Login dcoffey48)
YC

Just confirms it for me....

October 21 2009, 4:14 PM 

I will never buy an airgun from Walmart!

Dave.

Respond to this message   

john
(Login C02sniper)
YF

amen!

October 21 2009, 4:55 PM 

I tend to think that their self interest only model will last may a few more years when people will want to start buying goods and not junk! Even the some of the motor oil is "different".

Respond to this message   
AbnDaddy
(Login AbnDaddy)
YF

if you COMPLAIN they WILL take anything back

October 21 2009, 5:42 PM 

just ask for the manager and be polite but firm.

I know a guy who took TWO 700 Remingtons back in a row (when Remington was truly in the pits).

Respond to this message   
Terry Vanpool
(Login TerryVanpool)
YC

Remember this next time you are

October 21 2009, 5:54 PM 

tempted to buy anything at WalMart.

Respond to this message   
DougB
(Login DouglasBear)
YFOT

I bought a Marksman'04 at walmart a couple years back

October 21 2009, 6:56 PM 

and it just hissed on the third shot. I took it back and they gave me a refund. The hard part was walking INTO the store with it! It was in a CLEAR plastic container, gulp, I was scared to return it, LOL! (I live on the west coast).

Respond to this message   
Kevin G
(Login sniperkill)
YF

My Father works for the Department Of Natural Resources Police here in Maryland,

October 21 2009, 7:47 PM 

and he told me that airguns ARE considered firearms in Maryland. I dunno about other states, he said if it shoots anything metal out of a barrel, and has a trigger, it's considered a firearm. Thats here in Maryland though. KG

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.