<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Chief AJ Red Ryder bb gun

December 22 2009 at 12:00 AM
Mike  (Login flintrocker)
YF

Have any of you seen or tried the "Chief AJ" version of the Daisy Red Ryder BB gun? It's supposed to have an adult-sized stock for "instinct shooting." Does it work for that better than the standard model?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Doug Owen
(Login DKOwen)
YC

Yes, and yes

December 22 2009, 12:10 AM 

I've got one, and gave another to an airgun bud as a gift years ago.

They really are a 'big boy size' gun, easier to shoot quickly. The guy himself is a hoot as well. He still puts several hundred rounds daily through his, at seventy as of three years ago:

"Glad to hear from you Doug, I have attached a photo but you can get a good run down of all the specs. athttp://www.chiefaj.com/aj_bb_gun_size.htm Doug, it started 3 years ago when I need a adult sized beefed up bb gun to teach boys and girls shooting with and a gun for my self that could take a Marine cocking and shooting 600X a day. My personal AJ Daisy has over 100,000 rounds through it now and going strong. The colorful "Indian" box was designed by Amy James down in the Oazarks at Daisy. The 1,696 AJ's were made in the USA, the last run of American Made Daisy BB guns. I have now sold and awarded as prizes at Exhibitions all over the USA about 85% of the run, there will not be any more made. Your can order with PayPal from my site www.chiefaj.com or call in credit card Visa or MC to 217 253 2959. Snail Mail: Chief AJ, POB 131, Tuscola, IL 61953-0131. Tomorrow is my birthday to enter my 70th year and I will shoot 600 bbs at paint balls in the air. AJ"

Great guy, great gun, great price. Get one if you can.

Doug Owen

Respond to this message   

(Premier Login Grantthekiwi)

There Is Even One Down Here Doug.

December 22 2009, 2:13 AM 

Respond to this message   
Doug Owen
(Login DKOwen)
YC

Most cool......

December 22 2009, 8:40 AM 

Not much gets past you 'down under' guys, does it?

Doug Owen

Respond to this message   

Grant.

Nope.

December 22 2009, 8:59 AM 

Not If I can Help It, Lol.

Grant, N.Z.

Respond to this message   
Doug Owen
(Login DKOwen)
YC

Stand fast, lad.....

December 22 2009, 11:26 AM 

Way I see it, if it gets past you it's going south too fast to stop......

Doug Owen

Respond to this message   

Lol.

December 22 2009, 1:28 PM 

Thats taken care of already. Ive got My Missile Defence System in Place, hehe.

Grant.

Respond to this message   
Mike
(Login flintrocker)
YF

Thanks, Doug

December 22 2009, 7:10 PM 

Thanks Doug, and others for the recommendations. I contacted the Chief and ordered one.
Maybe we can set up a BB gun day on the trap range at Diablo and break a few flying targets?
--Mike

Respond to this message   

(Login Bullshooter1)
YF

Chief AJ BB gun

December 22 2009, 8:30 AM 

I own 3 of them and also have the cowboy hoop cocking lever. I shoot mine at least 3 times a week to keep in practice and can put BB's in a 1" hole shot after shot at 5 paces. The cool thing about these guns is that you can watch the BB fly through the air. I shot over my Chrony and it was shooting around 280-290fps. I also use them when we have family gatherings to host a fun shoot. The kids love them and it gives me the opportunity to teach safe shooting. I also have a Daisy Buck for the smaller kids but the AJ stock is perfect for adults. Here is a link that Chief AJ has on his website that shows the AJ in action:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr-dSWIFdBU&feature=channel_page and this is where I got the idea for shooting plastic army men and plastic safari animals.

I highly recommend you take advantage of the Chief AJ Christmas special on his website where you can get a Daisy AJ & Instinct Shooting Training for the price of the gun only. I have spoken with Chief AJ and he is a very friendly guy.

HTH,

Bullshooter

Respond to this message   
scottro
(Login scottgg)
YFOT

I've got an original Daisy Quick-Skill rifle. Offshoot of the Army's Quick Kill program.

December 22 2009, 10:13 AM 

Interesting article on instinct shooting here:

http://www.i-kirk.info/misc/quickkill/qwikill.htm

Respond to this message   

Great Article

December 22 2009, 1:33 PM 

Dave did a lot of research on the Quick Kill programs You guys used in Your Military. Unfortunately the Old Fella left us not long ago.

Grant, N.Z.

Respond to this message   

(Login CARBIDE)
YF

ok im hooked where can i buy a chief a,j.

December 22 2009, 10:32 AM 

Respond to this message   

(Login wbyman)
YF

The chief

December 22 2009, 10:43 AM 

He lives or lived about an hour from me, I used to see him at a gun show once or twice a year. The other vendors at the show looked at him as a kinda off-beat goof-ball. He was a real salesman of his product though.

Respond to this message   

NICE !!

December 22 2009, 1:42 PM 

Nt.

Respond to this message   

(Login willielumplump4)
YF

Chief AJ

December 23 2009, 12:37 AM 

Where can these guns be purchased?

Respond to this message   

(Login ffs1942)
YF

Daisy no longer US made?!?!?!

December 22 2009, 11:22 AM 

What's this world coming too? I'd say Clinton obviously did nothing for ARK. Oh yeah! His CPSC tried to ban BB guns.

Respond to this message   

US Made?

December 22 2009, 1:38 PM 

The Chief AJ come out about 4-5 years ago, if I recall correctly?

Grant.N.Z.

Respond to this message   

(Login airgunandy)
YF

Yes, and maybe...

December 22 2009, 4:05 PM 

Take a gander at the Daisy BB guns at a store. I was checking them out at Wally World. The Grizzly, the 880, and the Buck. The box says "Made in China" on the back near the barcode. Just before the current 70th Anniversary Red Ryder came out, the Red Ryder boxes also said "Made in China." The Anniversary model has something on the box about being assembled in USA of US and Chinese parts.

But the Crosman pumpers next door to the Daisies all said "Made in USA!" happy.gif

Respond to this message   

Lol.

December 22 2009, 4:31 PM 

Nuthin on my Chief AJ Box about it being Made in China. Have got a few Crosman Break Barrels here though, Made in Mexico by Mendoza and a few Pistols marked Crosman made in Spain, Italy. Wonder how many are wearing a US Made Watch as I speak??.

Grant, N.Z.

Respond to this message   

(Login Dave-vabch)
YF

Daisy model 25???

December 22 2009, 8:10 PM 

How come no mention of this great gun? Just read a nice description by TG written about 2 years ago. So much about the Red but nothing about this gun. Saw it for the first time at Dicks sporting goods.

Dave@vabch

Respond to this message   

Grant

There Is No Doubt.

December 22 2009, 9:03 PM 

That Daisy is getting some of its Guns made in China these Days, but this Thread started out about the Chief AJ Instinct Gun, NO others. Im just defending My one cause it dont have no Made in China written on it, Lol. On top of that, it was sent to Me by Dave Albert a few Years ago and has a Personal Value to Me. Dave was also a Friend of Chief AJ. I just dont understand why people Moan about Daisy Airguns and Put them down when its one of Your most Famous Airguns, and anyone here over about 30, probably Cut Your Front Teeth on One. Some are always being the Die Hard Patriot,with BUY USA ONLY but will think nuthin of buying a German or Russian Rifle the Next Day. Just makes me laugh. I dont really care much, cause ive got Daisys going back to 1917. With the lack of Loyalty towards Your Own Airgun Makers (except Crosman)who is Only the NEW BOY to PCP's and also has a few "FORIEGN" Skeletons in its Closet. When some small Guy tries to Break into the Scene, He is usually Cut to Ribbons.

Grant.N.Z.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Chief AJ Red Ryder bb gun
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.