<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Where to buy RWS 350 dove tail/scope base??

January 2 2010 at 12:33 AM
Mark  (Login pfb666)
YF

Hi all. I need a new dove tail base plate/base. Mine cracked. I don't know where to buy one from. Also are there steel ones? the alum. one was weak.
Thanks so much for the help.
Mark.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Russell Best
(Login RBest)
YFOT

gotta send it back to Umarex for replacement.

January 2 2010, 12:39 AM 

Diana scope dovetails are riveted to the compression tube with special rivets. Not a home repair job. That's the first one I've ever heard of failing. RB

"The Universe is comprised mainly of two things.. hydrogen and ignorance."
John Dobson
Inventor, astronomer and metaphysical thinker.

Respond to this message   
Mark
(Login pfb666)
YF

Re: gotta send it back to Umarex for replacement.

January 2 2010, 1:26 AM 

No it is not rivited on it is screws, 3 shallow ones. It was easy to take off. I had put on a one piece mount with the stop pin hanging off the front of the base and since the mount was longer than the base it "pinched" the front and cracked it when it tightned it down.
I am sure it is a replaceable piece i just dont know where to get a new one.
Mark.

Respond to this message   
Russell Best
(Login RBest)
YFOT

OK- somethings' changed then

January 2 2010, 10:50 AM 

as they used to use rivets that looked like screws (slotted heads). Contact Umarex for a replacement, as they are the importers. RB

"The Universe is comprised mainly of two things.. hydrogen and ignorance."
John Dobson
Inventor, astronomer and metaphysical thinker.

Respond to this message   
Mike melick
(Login mikeiniowa)

The replacements should be steel.......

January 2 2010, 12:32 PM 

I clean the tube and underside of the rail good of all grease and oil then put a drop or two of a superglue type adhesive on the bottom of the rail, then loc-tite the screws and run them down good and tight. Haven't had one come loose for me....

mailto:flyingdragonairrifles@hotmail.comhttp://www.airgunartisans.com/flyingdragon/

Respond to this message   
Mark
(Login pfb666)
YF

Mike Melick, Where can i get one? From you?

January 2 2010, 3:30 PM 

Hey mike. Can you get me one? Can i get it/pay thru Adv. in Air guns ( Randy) ?
Please let me know.
Thanks,
Mark.

Respond to this message   
Jim Y
(Login 1200S)
YC

Re: Where to buy RWS 350 dove tail/scope base??

January 2 2010, 10:47 AM 

If you want to replace with the same piece, UmarexUSA is the only place I know of. I suppose you could get creative and use another kind of rail, but that could be tricky fastening it to the receiver. I'm sure you could figure out something.

I'm not sure, but I think Russ meant the fastening screws were used like rivots. The rail is screwed onto the receiver and then the ends of the screws are peened from the inside. If that was so in your case, hopefully you didn't enlarge the holes in the receiver when you unscrewed the screws.

Jim Y.

This message has been edited by 1200S on Jan 2, 2010 10:54 AM

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.