<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Some Edge groups and a shot count!

January 6 2010 at 10:25 PM

(Login 17hornet)
YC

Edge groups at 10M...
I mounted a scope tonight using an RWS C mount, adjusted to point of aim...
Looking back, I think it was a mistake to do that, because after the first shot I had to guess at the proper aiming point... the 10 was gone.....I used a front and rear rest, but held it to my shoulder for each shot. Another mistake because I caught myself canting a bit which I know affected groups......Now that I've made the mistakes, I'll do it again tomorrow and try to do it right...
That's the down side to the groups.......
Upside to the Edge is, it likes lotsa different pellets and gets lotsa shots before needing refilled.

I shot 109 shots before it came off of the reg... My shots were not chrono'd this time, I did that before, and with RWS Diabolo Basic Wadcutters The Edge managed about 505 fps ave.

So I just started shooting 10 shot groups.....
After 100 shots, I started over with the pellets, and the 110th shot dropped out of the group by 1/4", so I shot 10 more, each shot dropped a bit so after 120 shots I stuck it on the tank, and the check valve opened at 800 PSI, so from 3000 to 800, there's 109 shots on the reg, on mine anyway... I like it!
Now for groups.....
Photos of targets are here, and the list of pellets I shot is long...
Heres the first4 groups...
[IMG][linked image][/IMG]
Meister Blue tin and RWS Diabolo Basics shot great, Meister yellow tin a little larger groups... H&N Match WC's not so good... Super domes shot very well, I just shot one pellet into the target and shot the next 9 at that pellet hole.. Next targets...
[IMG][linked image][/IMG]
Wasps didn't fare so well but surprisingly Silver Jets shot great! Premiers both heavy and light were OK, the one 7.9 pellet out of the group had a bent skirt I shot anyway...
From the groups I shot,This Edge likes lighter wadcutters and if I can get my vise setup tomorrow to try again, I think it'll be fine......

I am shooting a $600 American Made Target Air Rifle made for 3 position shooting and I am pleased..
109 shots before a refill is needed, and this gun will shoot 10's! Lots of them.
Mike

I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login jebudite)
YFOT

Thanks Mike for a good post now I wish we could here from a

January 6 2010, 10:40 PM 

Challenger owner.

Respond to this message   

(Login Trojan1994)
YF

Wow, looks great Mike! RWS Diablo Basics, eh?

January 6 2010, 11:04 PM 

They look like they certainly perform, just bought a tin locally to try out in my guns, hope I fare as well!

The Edge is looking real good, as Joe put it, hopefully a Challenger 2009 owner will post some info. and groups!

Regards,

Tony

Respond to this message   

(Login 17hornet)
YC

Diabolo Basics

January 6 2010, 11:18 PM 

Seem to shoot well for me in most guns,and Timmy Mac has them for a great price... I got 3 or 4 sleeves from him this year
Edge is a keeper, at least for me....
Mike

Respond to this message   

(Login Trojan1994)
YF

Cool, if they work in my guns, I'll get em from MAC1 then, thanks

January 6 2010, 11:34 PM 

for the heads up!!!

Regards,

Tony

Respond to this message   

Brushy Bill
(Login BrushyBill)
YF

Things are looking better.

January 6 2010, 11:41 PM 

The very last target you show (basic diablo #10)is what I
would expect to see from a benched target rifle.

That group defiantly looks as if this rifle
can shoot a clean target.

Respond to this message   

(Login 17hornet)
YC

I think it can,

January 6 2010, 11:50 PM 

As I become more comfortable with this rifle, I think my groups will improve...
Mike

Respond to this message   

(Login BrushyBill)
YF

I have been leaning toward the new Challenger,

January 7 2010, 2:57 PM 

I do believe you receive a better
rear sight on the Edge.

If there are good reports on the
triggers on the Edge in the near
future. It might just push me
to the Texas side of the fence.

Respond to this message   

(Login PCP123)
YF

Re: I have been leaning toward the new Challenger,

January 10 2010, 8:32 AM 

My Edge is down for repairs! Ron

Respond to this message   

(Login PCP123)
YF

Re: I have been leaning toward the new Challenger,

January 10 2010, 10:19 PM 

It's up and running now! happy.gif A couple of friends came over this afternoon,and discussed getting a indoor bench rest match going. It's not going to be too complicated. You just shoot at a blank peice of paper,then shoot at the first hole. Smallest 5 shot group wins. This is gonna be fun. Ron

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Some Edge groups and a shot count!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.