<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Where is the Forum copy of the R1 book?

February 4 2010 at 7:53 PM
Bill  (Login OklahomaBill)
YF12

been awhile since I have heard anything about the "pay it forward" copy I loaned out a few years ago... If you have it and your done reading it Please offer it up to the next forum member.

OklahomaBill

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Willie
(Login Basho21)
YC

If you are talking about the one that came from Australia...

February 4 2010, 8:09 PM 

then it was already forwarded to the next reader. Correspondences was done via email.

Respond to this message   

Larry
(Login gp_35)
YC

Recent Posts

February 4 2010, 8:27 PM 

Respond to this message   

(Login OklahomaBill)
YF12

Nope not the aussie version

February 4 2010, 8:39 PM 

That one is printed upside down.

The one I sent out a couple of years ago.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/message/1226798031/Gaylord%27s+Beeman+R1+book+-++Loaner+Available

OklahomaBill

Respond to this message   

(Login AEROSOAR)
YC

I 'm in possession of the R 1 book at this time,

February 4 2010, 9:30 PM 

It has started to fall apart, the binding glue is getting brittle and pages

were coming loose.

I am picking it up tomorrow from the restorer (it went in today) I'm picking

up the cost, as I consider it a privilege to be a part of this great books

travels.

At this time I've been corresponding with Willie and Matt in the reference to

the books care and next destination. I'm going to keep the book for about 3

more weeks so I can finish reading it.

Please contact me off line if you are the head "Librarian" so I know who is

next in line to receive the book. You should see all the inscriptions of all

who participated and shared in it's great journey!

BTW, as I said it's fantastic book!

Best, Ron Widel

Respond to this message   
Bill
(Login OklahomaBill)
YF12

Evening Ron. And thanks for the fast response.

February 4 2010, 10:00 PM 

Let me know how much the repairs are... I would like to pay for them. I am glad it is still out there making its rounds. I look forward to seeing all the signatures... say in about 10 more years.

Bill

bbrotherbill"at"gmail.com

Respond to this message   

(Login AEROSOAR)
YC

Evening Bill,

February 4 2010, 11:01 PM 

Please don't ask to pay for it as other people have done already.

And I refused, I said I consider it a "Privilege" to do this as it's my gift

to the books "Journey".

Please just accept it as a gift, as getting to read the book is a far greater

gift to me.

But, thanks for the offer, Ron

Respond to this message   
Paul @san diego
(Login seawater)
YF

Fine selfless act doing the Restoration....

February 5 2010, 3:20 AM 

....as you have. I thought I should try to draw some more attention to your fine act by posting this thank you. Because you chose to restore it many more will enjory the history and content for years to come.

THANK YOU Ron,

Paul

Respond to this message   

(Login FunkedOut)
YF

Restoration

February 5 2010, 11:12 AM 

I think it would be a great idea to digitally restore at least one of these books. Take advantage of the fact that the binding is loose and get a really good scan of each and every page. Turn them into a .pdf and include a CD with that file along with the book on its journey. This way, the current condition of the book will be preserved (digitally) form any further aging.

I'd be more than willing to to that for the community. (and give myself a chance to read this book in the process!) I'm no lawyer, but as long as no one tries to make money this way, I can't see any copyright laws being broken.

At any rate, please keep me in mind for any of these books going around.

Thanks.

Respond to this message   

(Login Matt_Donovan)
YFOT

You are actually next in line to get it after Ron

February 5 2010, 12:10 PM 

I sent you an email a while back.

I don't believe it would be fair to Tom Gaylord to copy the book even though it might be legal. The paper is ours but the intellectual content (and sweat) is his.

Respond to this message   

(Login klentz)
YC

Agree with Matt 100%. Intellectual rights as well as copyright should be respected. nt

February 5 2010, 2:03 PM 

Respond to this message   

(Login FunkedOut)
YF

Agreed

February 5 2010, 2:25 PM 

I will refrain from such acts, as this is your copy and will respect your wishes, just as I respect Tom Gaylord's sweat and intellectual property.

My (former) thought were to preserve the paper and not disseminate the file any further than where the paper goes. Just a thought of preservation in case he never decides to reprint. If he did, I would be first in line to buy it hot off the press.
I guess the matter of DRM (digital rights management) is still unmastered. The honor system would be the only police.

Respond to this message   

(Login Matt_Donovan)
YFOT

You have my copy of the R1 book Ron

February 5 2010, 6:46 AM 

Oklahoma Bill started passing his copy of the book around and I thought it was such a noble gesture I sent mine out. The first guy to get it, Pierre in Canada, paid shipping in both directions which was also a nice gesture. It's been around the world and read to death and thanks to Ron for having it restored in loose leaf form. Willie tried to fix it but I guess the binding was too far gone. Another thing that impressed me was everyone informed me where it was at and none hogged it - Thanks.
If Tom Gaylord comes out with an updated R1 book, I bet most of the guys that borrowed it would buy it.

Respond to this message   

(Login OklahomaBill)
YF12

Ok so the OklahomaBill copy is still missing?

February 5 2010, 10:33 PM 

It has my name on the inside cover. Lets see if we cant finf it.

Bill

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Where is the Forum copy of the R1 book?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

******** Buy 3rd/4th gen FX Pumps for Superior quality and unbeatable 5 year factory Warranty.********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.