<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Question for Harry (Yarrh) in Oz . What type of fill

February 11 2010 at 10:56 PM
  (Login dave235)
YC

system do you use for your PCP rifles? scba tank or compressor. Just wondering what is available there for fill ups. Dave235

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login charlie9g)
YF

last i heard

February 11 2010, 11:12 PM 

harry was filling with an FX pump. basic guy apparently. hope he clarifies soon.

small caliber joy

Respond to this message   

Yrrah
(Login Yrrah)
YFOT

Dave I fill with an FX pump 95 % of the time ( or more ).

February 11 2010, 11:36 PM 

I fill The BSAs to 250 bar ( John Bowkett's regulators will take 280+ bar ) but the pump peaks out at 250 bar. I fill the Excalibre to 180 bar for best unregulated shot string.

I do have a 300 bar steel tank for when I go to organized shoots ( which are mostly rimfire shoots ) but even then I often only take the pump. I have a dive shop 1 km from home in the city, but a few hundred away when at the farm.

As yet I have had no trouble with any sort of corrosion issues from using the pump. I follow the instructions and bleed it often. Pumping is good rhythmical, large muscle mass, whole body exercise. I weigh 156 lb, 68 inches ht, 73 years on 26th this month.
If in good shape it takes just a few seconds to settle for good bench shooting. ... Kind regards, Harry.

Respond to this message   
dave235
(Login dave235)
YC

Thanks for taking time to answer that question, it was just purely for my

February 12 2010, 1:13 AM 

curosity. I've never been to Australia and I know there can be many mile between populated places, and I just wondered how you handled the airing up of your guns. Thanks again, and good shooting, Dave

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Question for Harry (Yarrh) in Oz . What type of fill
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.