<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Refillable 12gram co2 powerlets (reusable - not disposable)

April 6 2010 at 11:58 PM
  (Login MikeSpike)
YF

Why buy refillable 12-gram CO2 cartridges? There are a few reasons worth your consideration.

First, check out this site to see how much energy is required to put a tablespoon of CO2 into a small bottle. Tossing empty cartridges is like throwing away a spoon after each bite.

Second, once you own a refillable CO2 cartridge, anytime you need an additional 12-grams of CO2 in a bottle, you can refill it with a nickel's worth of CO2. The savings will add up.

Third, on cold wintry plinking days, when you're out protecting your nuts, jerk that cold partially used CO2 cartridge from your gun and replace it with a warm one from your pocket to give those squirrels the power they deserve. Meanwhile, your partially empty cartridge will warm back up in your pocket for a 2nd go-round.

Refillable 12-gram cartridges are $12.95 each.

Mike
www.FizzGiz.com

This message has been edited by MikeSpike on Apr 7, 2010 12:09 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login kennisondan)
YC

started watching film of crosman's mfrng process..

April 7 2010, 12:29 AM 

where are the refillables and how does it work.. what does it fill off of.??
dk

"HAVE GUN WILL TRAVEL"

Respond to this message   

(Login pneuguy)

In addition to Dan's questions, I'd be interested to know how the cartridge reseals...

April 7 2010, 9:12 AM 

...when partially used and then removed from the gun.

Are you sure you understand how hammer-driven piercing pins in popular guns like the Crosman 22xx series work?

Steve

Respond to this message   

Keith in West Virginia
(Login wvkeith)
YFOT

Re: In addition to Dan's questions, I'd be interested to know how the cartridge reseals...

April 7 2010, 4:05 PM 

That's what I was wondering also Steve. If it's resealed by a tire valve stem, like in the mods I've seen online, I don't see how it could possibly work with a Crosman 22xx or QB7x type gun. I don't see how enough CO2 for a shot would be released when the pin strikes the valve on the capsule. Unless he's developed a new way of sealing them.

-TKM-

Respond to this message   
B
(Login Bssc)
YC

Not the smartest thing ever uttered here

April 7 2010, 1:41 PM 

one it is illegal, two it is wholly unsafe, and three you waste far more CO2 trying to fill than it would have cost to buy a 12g.

if you pay more then 50 cents fora 12g you have been taken find a better source

if you do not know NT then try to figure it out in context, do not ask as you look the fool for not bothering to read much at all.

Respond to this message   
elmer fudd
(Login mr.fudd)
YF

I don't think there's any law prohibiting refillable 12g cartridges.

April 7 2010, 10:09 PM 

Notice that he doesn't say they're made from disposable cartridges or modified from them. Assuming that they're not, I don't see how these would be any different than any other refillable CO2 bottle.

Even if they are though, I'm not sure there are any laws being broken. There are several places online selling kits to refill disposable Airsource cartridges.

Respond to this message   

(Login Voltar1)
YFOT

Site makes no mention of 12 gram rather they seem to think 16 gram will fit BBguns

April 7 2010, 1:52 PM 

Not sure the technology is up to date with the 'need'

Walter...

Anyone remember the ones that took a Shrader valve? They would work in the 150 and 180 crosmans and most grip housed CO2 pistols

Respond to this message   

(Login -bp)
YF

i drink so much seltzer water that i'm probably gonna buy a fizzGizz...

April 7 2010, 6:23 PM 

...and even though i don't shoot anything with 12g (or 16g) cartridges, i might even try a refillable cartridge (since i've got a 30# tank in the hallway).

believe me, i've looked at all the other carbonation systems and their proprietary cartridges and there's no way i'll bite on them.

so if i do, i'll try to pass along as much info as i can.

-bp

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Refillable 12gram co2 powerlets (reusable - not disposable)
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

******** Buy 3rd/4th gen FX Pumps for Superior quality and unbeatable 5 year factory Warranty.********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.