<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

About The New Umarex Uber BB Gun

May 19 2010 at 6:56 PM
James  (Login JamesBarrera)
YF

There was a little excitement about Umarex' new Uber BB gun. After reading a little more, I think it may be nothing more than a Drozd clone. What really ticks me off is that they claim a velocity of 540 fps, but that is only in single shot mode! I don't know, maybe Steve in NC can make it better. I pasted an article from Umarex's site about their EBOS bb gun.

Umarex EBOS: An Electronic Burst Of Steel

FORT SMITH, ARKANSAS (January 19, 2010) Well-known airgun manufacturer, Umarex, has introduced a new tactical-style BB shooter under its company name. The EBOS has two burst modes and a high velocity single-shot mode that propels a BB at 540 feet per second.

The EBOS, pronounced E-BOCE, stands for Electronic Burst Of Steel, and rightfully so. This high-speed semi-automatic has an electronic trigger, which controls the release of CO2 when the trigger is pulled and if thats not exciting enough, the EBOS has three modes to choose fromsingle shot, 4-shot burst, or 8-shot burst! Just imagine the impact of eight BBs flying at a single aluminum can.

In addition to the exhilarating multiple-shot burst the Umarex EBOS is surrounded by tactical railing and has an ergonomic pistol grip, removable forearm grip and an adjustable rear sight. It gets its power to propel eight BBs at a time from an 88-gram CO2 capsule thats concealed within the guns easily removed buttstock. The EBOS also has a high capacity reservoir.

The Umarex EBOS weighs right at three pounds and measures almost 25-inches in length with a 9.7-inch smooth bore barrel. Suggest retail is $134.95.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

robnewyork
(Login robnewyork)
YF

im excited

May 19 2010, 7:14 PM 

i might try the steel storm, if i like tht then maybe try the nicer model.This would be brutal on small birds etc

Respond to this message   
AbnDaddy
(Login AbnDaddy)
YF

here is pic and link

May 19 2010, 7:49 PM 

Respond to this message   
Jim in PGH
(Login 144man)
YF12

Interesting

May 19 2010, 7:59 PM 

If it is in fact a Drozd clone, I would hope that they would address what I feel are the shortcomings of the Drozd: lack of magazine capacity, lack of CO2 capacity, and short battery life.

The Drozd is INCREDIBLY fun to shoot, but the fun doesn't last. Therein lies its weakness. Imagine if you will, the basic Drozd platform, with a 12-20oz CO2 paintball tank, a functional high-capacity hopper feed reservoir, and an easily replaceable rechargeable battery. BB machine-gun bliss.

Someone can do this.

I think we're all Bozos on this bus.

Respond to this message   

Larry
(Login gp_35)
YC

The Drozd Blackbird solves a lot of these issues

May 19 2010, 9:23 PM 

[linked image]

400 round magazine, easy to convert to bulk CO2 or HPA with the included 88 gram adapter and an as-pb adapter.

Respond to this message   
joe
(Login surfthecoochie2)
YF

this is what you really need

May 19 2010, 8:10 PM 

air gun, .30 caliber 180fpe. 30 rounds, semi and full auto..

[linked image]

video of it shooting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POCGiy5VpxI

This message has been edited by surfthecoochie2 on May 19, 2010 8:14 PM

Respond to this message   
James
(Login JamesBarrera)
YF

Yeah, well

May 19 2010, 8:39 PM 

If someone would make it I would buy one!

Respond to this message   
six-shooter
(Login six-shooter)
YC

Not a Drozd clone...

May 20 2010, 1:52 AM 

Outward appearance looks like a H&K MP7 sub-machine gun replica.

Best Regards,
Sixto

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.