<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Question ? Benjamin Franklin Model 137 Pump Pistol(Pics)

July 24 2010 at 2:42 PM

(Login reschlund)
YF

I have restored a old Benjamin 137 .177 cal pistol.Well at least it shoots and holds again.
Was there ever scope mounts made for this pistol?
The barrel is a tiny .314 or about 8mm in diameter.
Sheridan or Crosman are both way to big in diameter so the two piece or one piece inter mounts will not work.
Any body have a idea as how I could mount a small pistol scope to my oldie but goodie.

Thank You in advance!

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]
[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

BBGun Bob
reschlund@wowway.com
S.E. Michigan

"Springers are neat,,One Shot One Bullseye"

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
LexingtonGreg
(Login LexingtonGreg)
YF

Were Benjamins originally called Benjamin Franklin?

July 24 2010, 2:53 PM 

Great historic piece. Were Benjamins originally "Benjamin Franklin" throughout the lineup? Or was that designation reserved for top shelf models?

Respond to this message   
scot laughlin
(Login classicalgas)
YF

I don't remember when the "franklin" was dropped, but it was the standard marking on the

July 24 2010, 3:05 PM 

older guns.

Respond to this message   

(Login reschlund)
YF

I am not sure Greg.,,but please don't hi-jack my post I need a answer to my question.

July 24 2010, 3:12 PM 

I repaired a model 312 pump rifle for a friend awhile back and it also was stamped "Benjamin Franklin"
If I remember correctly it was just a play on words according to Tom Gaylord.

http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2005/06/whats-it-worth.html

At August 01, 2005 6:24 PM, Anonymous B.B. Pelletier said...

" Yes sir, it does have "Benjamin Franklin" stamped on the left side of the receiver tube, but that is just a play on the name of the company - the Benjamin Air Rifle Company, which you'l find stamped on the end cap behind the bolt.

There has never been a Benjamin Frankin model. Many older Benjamin guns have that name stamped on the side. The fact that the name is in quotes indicates that it's not meant seriously."

BBGun Bob
reschlund@wowway.com
S.E. Michigan

"Springers are neat,,One Shot One Bullseye"

Respond to this message   

Dave
(Login greasy46)
YF

We could always make one..

July 24 2010, 3:13 PM 

based on the original design for later models...... very simple. 2 tapped holes, one ground thru hole, (2 slots, really) and a dovetil gound in. Not too hard.... Dave

Respond to this message   

(Login Griff1950)
YF

Re: Question ? Benjamin Franklin Model 137 Pump Pistol(Pics)

July 24 2010, 3:43 PM 

Bob, I wonder if the receiver is wide enough to cut grooves into? You might not want to do permanent mods to this gun, tho.

Respond to this message   

dave
(Login arathol1)
YFOT

Scope mounts

July 24 2010, 3:46 PM 

Back when this gun was made, the barrels for .22 Benjamin gun were of larger outside diameter than .177 guns. As a result, two different mounts were produced. The mounts were part number B-272 for .22, and B-270 for .177. These should work for mounting a pistol scope just as well as a rifle scope. If, of course, you can manage to locate a pair. They are not easy to get hold of.

[linked image]

[linked image]
[linked image]

Respond to this message   

(Login RogerV55)
YF

Air Venturi Scope Base, Weaver/Picatinny Rail, Fits IZH-46M

July 24 2010, 5:14 PM 

I've used these on other such application's, may half to be modified a bit.

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Air_Venturi_Scope_Base_Weaver_Picatinny_Rail_Fits_IZH_46M/3077

RogerV

Respond to this message   

(Login jamesinadvance)
YF

Re: Question ? Benjamin Franklin Model 137 Pump Pistol(Pics)

July 24 2010, 5:38 PM 

When I got my first 1377 I made this up to mount a small red dot, it didn't take long to make.
although I did have access to a mill for the project. I'm no machinist as you can tell but it
worked.

[linked image]

I BRAKE FOR BISCUITS

Respond to this message   

(Login rob.177)
YF

How about split nylon etc. tube for mount spacers? nt

July 24 2010, 6:00 PM 

RobQ.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Question ? Benjamin Franklin Model 137 Pump Pistol(Pics)
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.