<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

New Crosman Model

August 4 2010 at 6:22 PM
  (Login haywire2)
YC

I stopped by my local WalMart store this afternoon to pick up some CO2 and saw what I thought was a 1377 in a blister pack. The price was right, so I brought it home only to discover that it was in fact a new model from Crosman, the PC77, Pumpmaster Classic. Although it has the outward appearance of the 1377, there are some very interesting differences.

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

First is the trigger. This model has the new wide blade metal trigger in a black finish. Also missing is the spacer between the barrel and the air tube. But the biggest difference is in the grip frame. This is a totally new design from Crosman and adds a few new challenges for grip makers.

[linked image]
[linked image]

The first change that I noticed was that there are now three screws that attach the side plate to the frame. The plate is now plastic, and the fit to the grip frame is much more precise. It fits totally flush with the frame whereas the older version stood proud of the frame at the top of the trigger guard.

[linked image]
[linked image]

Secondly, the post that holds the sear spring is square rather than round. I havent tried fitting a factory sear spring adjuster, but if the spring fits over the post, more than likely the adjuster will. Add to that the differences in the general geometry of the frame and grip makers now have to make a few changes to get things to fit.

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

I'm not certain that Crosman will change every model to the new style frame, but I'll have to keep it in mind for my future grip production.

My last observation of this model is that it shoots perfectly at 10 meters, whereas previously purchased 1377s were always shooting high at that range, regardless of how the sights were adjusted.

Regards,
Michael Chavka

Success is not an entitlement.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login dan_house)
YC

eerrrrrrrrrrr Thanx Michael....not......

August 4 2010, 6:32 PM 

hehehe

Off to Walmart I guess......... dangit........

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab
[linked image]
the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremecy

Respond to this message   

(Login Griff1950)
YF

Re: New Crosman Model

August 4 2010, 6:41 PM 

Michael,
If it's any help, my old buttstock fits the new 1377 Classic very well.

Respond to this message   

(Login haywire2)
YC

The 1399 Shoulder Stock and Stock Plastic grips fit fine

August 4 2010, 6:44 PM 

but none of my custom gripsets will fit without modification. The forearm will fit, but the Grips need additional inletting.

Regards,
Michael Chavka

Success is not an entitlement.

Respond to this message   

(Login TiminNC)
YF

Lets hope for a custom grip frame

August 4 2010, 7:31 PM 

that fits the 13xx and 22xx grips.

But we do have this option from Blue Fork Design.
[linked image]

http://www.blueforkdesign.us/44501/38847.html

Respond to this message   

Desertplinker
(Login skipperckwpeg)
YC

Nice pics ............

August 4 2010, 9:17 PM 

What kind of camera???

Respond to this message   

(Login kawaboy-zx11)
YF

August 4 2010, 7:42 PM 

my friend picked up a new 1377 from bass pro about a month ago, it is the standard 1377 with gold trigger and it doesnt have a barrel spacer either. Dennis

Respond to this message   

(Login jamesinadvance)
YF

My last 1377 was missing the spacer also

August 4 2010, 7:47 PM 

I BRAKE FOR BISCUITS

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

(Login jz2)
YF12

the barrel spacer was eliminated a while ago NT

August 4 2010, 9:23 PM 

Respond to this message   

(Login tkerrigan)
YF

Re: 1377

August 4 2010, 11:28 PM 

I just bought two of the spacers 1300A008 from Crosman, they were cheap. They are a necessity if using the Crosman barrel clamp scope mounts on a plastic receiver gun. Keeps the scope from twisting the barrel.

tkerrigan

Respond to this message   
james s
(Login jamesinadvance)
YF

third screw

August 4 2010, 7:46 PM 

I like the idea of the new screw in the side plate I've been toying with
the idea of adding one on my guns just ahead of the side plate so that the
screw head would overlap onto the side plate. There is more meat to drill
and tap there, it could be a flat head properly counter sunk and still work
or let me guess "someone has already been there done that. I'd bet that one
of you has already thought of that one, though I haven't seen it.

I BRAKE FOR BISCUITS

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

(Login kawaboy-zx11)
YF

did they change the rear sight?

August 5 2010, 9:24 AM 

i have noticed the same thing on every 1377 ive ever shot, even at 20 yards the rear sight wont go low enuff, i usually use a dremmel to elongate the elevation hole. so im guessing they either are using a lower rear sight or have hightend the front sight??? i really hope they have a new and better rear sight now. please let me know. Dennis

Respond to this message   
airgunenthusiast
(Login airgunenthusiast)
YF

Very Similar Design To The Maurauder Pistol Prototype

August 5 2010, 9:32 AM 

Great information and nice photos Michael.

The PC77 frame design appears to be very similar to the Crosman Marauder prototype.

Photobucket

As seen in these official Crosman videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lodTLix18cA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wyZvIGJx18&feature=player_embedded#!

Dan

AirgunEnthusiastBanner

Respond to this message   
TCooper
(Login t-cooper)
YF

Plastic

August 5 2010, 10:33 AM 

Maybe the new plastic side plate needs to be secured a bit better than the previous metal side plate (3 screws vs 2)? Didn't they change the valves from brass to aluminum a while ago? I guess it's all cost cutting to keep the price down. I hope the trigger doesn't go plastic next. Maybe the entire grip frame will be changed to plastic. Buy up the old inventory while you can...lol happy.gif

Cheers,
Todd

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - New Crosman Model
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

******** Buy 3rd/4th gen FX Pumps for Superior quality and unbeatable 5 year factory Warranty.********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.