<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

PUMA (Sharp Innova clone)

September 6 2010 at 6:18 PM
Renato  (Login serparo)
YFOT

Hello,

I just got a PUMA, chinese copy of the venerable Sharp Innova.

was cheap so I got it. But is mostly plastic and I do not think
that the barrel is even rifled, I cannot tell crazy enough. it seems
to be a straw type, shrouded in a plastic outer barrel sleeve.
Some time it is accurate some time not, but has power.
I was just wandering if someone here has one and if any mods are possible.
I hate the mostly plastic build of this gun.
I have not taken apart yet, just about to...
The only think I would salvage is the power plant, pumping tube and pump arm.
Anybody out there with similar thoughts?
Thanks
Renato

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login Trojan1994)
YF

Mine is ragged hole accurate at 25yards with 4.52 8.4gr Exacts and 4 pumps...

September 6 2010, 6:38 PM 

for me, its worth the money. I was not expecting "Japanese Made Sharps Materials, Quality, Fit and Finish" but was expecting accuracy and power better than current US MSPs...and the Sharps delivered! happy.gif

Regards,

Tony

Respond to this message   

(Login 144man)
YF12

I had one, dead nuts accurate

September 6 2010, 6:54 PM 

Mine came in a box labeled Falcon, with no country of origin, and it had no markings on the gun except "Sharp" on the buttbad and grip cap. It had a brass barrel inside the plastic sleeve. I mounted a pistol scope out front, and it was a hell of a good shooter. I also had a Cannon 737, which was nearly identical, but had a very pretty wood stock and pump grip. I mounted Anschutz match sights on it, and it was a tackdriver as well. I used to use both guns to compete in the American Vintage 10M postal match. They were that good at 10M with 3 pumps.

I haven't tried one of the new ones yet, but my experience makes me tempted. Your story tempers my enthusiasm somewhat.

I think we're all Bozos on this bus.

Respond to this message   

(Login jwardana)
YF

just FYI, pics

September 6 2010, 11:41 PM 

I owned the newest version of the innova called sharp tiger here. whats new here is that it use no longer plastic receiver. it is replaced with a nice aluminum one. so no more plastic crack. also it has a truglo open sight.

and as other mention, it is deadly accurate within 25m. I use RWS superdome 8.3gr.

sorry for the crappy pics.

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Renato
(Login serparo)
YFOT

Innova Tiger

September 7 2010, 1:10 PM 

Wow that's better. But is the barrel sleeve plastic?
In any case I do not regret buying the Puma, is just that I did not expect it to be so plastiky
and yes it can be accurate. I have also seen a SIDE lever version of this gun with wooden stock.
Does any one has any breach internal schematics? I still think I am going to mod mine completely...
and on this regards , has anybody modified the Puma?
Thanks
Renato

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - PUMA (Sharp Innova clone)
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

******** Buy 3rd/4th gen FX Pumps for Superior quality and unbeatable 5 year factory Warranty.********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.