<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Hammerli 850 mods

September 12 2010 at 12:43 PM
  (Login Doug-T)
YF

I just got done doing another round of mods to my .22 850. Any feedback on the accuracy issue would be appreciated. The stock barrel was 24" and now it a tad under 22".

http://www.network54.com/Forum/583201/message/1284308861/Any+more+mods+to+try-++My+latest+round+is+bitter+sweet.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Rich Woods
(Login richwoods)
YF

Can you

September 12 2010, 12:49 PM 

rotate shroud...??? I'm thinking you can 'index' shroud like some do barrels..making 1/4 turns...test shooting,etc..another thing would be to remove shroud,and re-test groups..

I'm thinking also,you may have cut off the choke,or maybe a portion of it...eeek..but you can check that..

I really like your trigger mod..a friend did something similar for me..he drilled,installed hardened steel rods,then faced them off...much smaller surface contact area,,,but it certainly smoothed things out..cocking was much easier,trigger break crisp, and,like yours,trigger pull reduced to approx 2 LBS...

I'm using my 850 CO2 rifle as a test mule...as things work out,my plan is to incorporate changes into my HPA 850's..

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Hammerli 850 mods
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

******** Buy 3rd/4th gen FX Pumps for Superior quality and unbeatable 5 year factory Warranty.********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.