<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

A little help with rws 350 mag

October 12 2010 at 2:13 AM
Brian Barthelme  (Login 48Brian)
YF

I want to droop a custom Maccari spring into a new 350 Mag, my question is for you in the know is:do you think the seal and piston/tube are suffiently lubed from factory so I don't have to pull the piston? Thanks

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

arbiter17
(Login arbiter17)
YC

They are not.

October 12 2010, 7:22 AM 

Unless the factory has changed their practices,RWS/Diana guns are assembled and shipped with little or nor lubrication.Although they will operate that way,it is less than ideal and the outside of the piston seal and rear of the piston should receive a light band of Maccari's moly.

"If we lose freedom here there is no place to escape to.This is the last stand on earth." Ronald Reagan

Respond to this message   
Thomas
(Login TK171)
YF

why not go all out?!?

October 12 2010, 12:15 PM 

I mean, if you're going to break the rifle down just to drop in a Maccarri spring, why not pull the piston and at the very least, give the whole action a good cleaning and lubing before re-assembly. If the OEM spring isn't broke or weakenned, you may reconsider dropping the JM spring in it. Properly tarred (not too heavy or light) OEM springs will last a long time and usually produce higher velocities than JM's. His springs are smoother shooting though. OEM springs normally just need a good polishing on the ends to make them less "torquey",.... if there's such a word. If you want to increase the velocity some more,...alot of folks toss the piston liner all together and add thrush washers &/or a top-hat. My 350 clone was a beast as far as speed (high 900's low 1000's with Kodiak/Baracudas), and I replaced the liner in the piston to slow it down some. It also acts as a buzz dampener to a certain extent as well. Shoots in the low to mid 900's now!!

Respond to this message   
Frank Nash
(Login fnash)
YC

You might

October 12 2010, 1:28 PM 

as well take the piston out and then you can check the seal. You may as well order the seal when you order the spring. Then you will not have doubts about anything....

Frank

Respond to this message   
Mike
(Login DMikeM)
YC

Put a Vortek in it...

October 12 2010, 7:12 PM 

You wont be sorry. I did the Vortek full power kit in my clone and the 7.9 gr. pellets were way over 1300 fps. So I opted to exchange it for a vortek reduced power kit. The 7.9s were still just shy of 1000 so I switched to the JSB 8.4 and get 965 fps. I just switched to a Beeman FTS 8.8 last weekend and have not done a chrony on them yet but they slam home like a hammer driving nails.

Respond to this message   
deleted
(Login 48Brian)
YF

sounds good, am thoughtful of the scope N/T

October 12 2010, 7:35 PM 

Respond to this message   
Holdover
(Login holdover)
YF

John in PA

October 12 2010, 7:42 PM 

go to the Diana forum and ask for John in PA. he tuned my 350 . did an excellent job .Ya cant go wrong there.

Respond to this message   
Brian B.
(Login 48Brian)
YF

Re: John in PA

October 12 2010, 7:49 PM 

Amazing,I've been thinking about him for the last few days!

Respond to this message   
Mike
(Login DMikeM)
YC

Scope

October 13 2010, 12:13 PM 

I put the 4-16x40 centerpoint from wallyworld on my B28 (the clone)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/CenterPoint-4-16x40mm-Scope/10248654

Respond to this message   
Brian B.
(Login 48Brian)
YF

Thanks Mike and All

October 13 2010, 11:41 PM 

I think I will get a Leapers/Centerpoint for the 350 Mag with a 1 peice mount. Do you think the 3x9x32 pa 35yds correct will hold up? I like smaller scopes that I can mount lower. The most powerful Vortech kit for the 350 sounds like a scope killer?

Respond to this message   
paul d self
(Login ranedouglas)

the piston is very easy to pull out....

October 14 2010, 3:24 AM 

./...since the cocking arm is hinged, sliding the cocking shoe out of the cocking slot is an easy task because you will not have to remove the barrel. i can take mine apart w/ my eyes closed now. call me if you need help. - paul d self. 817-986-7767.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.