<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Need some bbl. securing ideas here; 1377 and 2289G

December 26 2010 at 11:37 PM

Packrat1947  (Login Packrat1947)
YF

Need some bbl. securing ideas here; 1377 and 2289G

I've just free floated my Backpacker 2289G. I'm not happy with the way the barreled action is secured to the bottom tube (air tube ?). That little 4X40 keeps backing out after about 15 shots. I put a dab of white paint on it so I can watch it.

Is there any technique out there that will provide a more secure way of attaching the two items? I can handle most machining tasks. There really needs to be something up front that will assist that assist that teeny screw.

The rifle is shooting very well as is. Groups at 10 yds. are about 3/8 with Jumbo Exacts.

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Thanks for any brainstorming.
Packrat1947

www.pbase.com/packrat

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Kong
(Login akong)
YF

What I did...

December 26 2010, 11:56 PM 

On my 13xx I drilled and tapped a second setscrew (I think I went bigger if I remember correctly... maybe like a #8) and also dimpled the barrel, were the screws set, with a drill bit. Seems to work good...for me anyway. Also, with the bigger screw you can crank it down and it seems to grab better.

Respond to this message   

airgunandy
(Login airgunandy)
YF

Re: Need some bbl. securing ideas here; 1377 and 2289G

December 27 2010, 1:28 PM 

2289 barrel band.

I plink, therefore I am.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.