<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Your thoughts on the RX-2/HW90 vs R9/HW95?

January 23 2011 at 5:25 PM
karlw  (Login karlw)
YF

For you folks that have owned, both, which one do you prefer for hunting and pest elimination?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Fleming
(Login Simplyhooked)
YC

RX2 in .22

January 23 2011, 6:40 PM 

This is the second one that I've bought and the first one I sold to my cousin because he "had to have it" when he first saw and shot it. I picked this one up later on because at the time, it was a steal.

Who would have known that they would cost as much as they do now compaired to 3 or 4 years ago. This picture was taken on yesterday and every now and then, I'll pick it up just for the challenge. I call this one "The Brute" because it's truly got the power and accuracy to get the job done and this is another one that I won't part with. The self cvontained power plant is something that I won't have to worry about when I'm in the field and I can leave it cocked indefiniately, but I won't because it can always be uncocked.

[linked image]

If you get this one, you won't regret it but it is a little heavy to be carrying around in the woods all day...JMHBHO

Fleming

Respond to this message   

(Login CTRuss)
YF

I have both

January 23 2011, 6:59 PM 

I bought my cal. 22 RX in 1990 and was my only air gun for about 15 years. It is powerful, accurate, relatively hard to cock and heavy.

I bought my cal. 177 R9 in '05, and it has since become my favorite air rifle (I also have an HW 97k) Smooth, powerful enough for me, light and easy to cock.

I've since added an Abernethy stock to my R9

Photobucket

Photobucket

Respond to this message   
Fleming
(Login Simplyhooked)
YC

That's a nice stock on your R9

January 23 2011, 8:09 PM 

and the R9 is a very nice shooter as well. I've owned an R9 in .177 but I sold it to an old friend of mine because he wanted it, oh well, that's how things go sometimes.

I've got an HW97 in .177 that's a keeper and some things you just don't part with and ever so often I'll take it out for a few shots at some targets that I've got out back.

Respond to this message   

TIM
(Login RX2-KILLER)
YF

RX2

January 23 2011, 8:04 PM 

i OWN TWO AIR GUNS. I WOULD HAVE MORE IF I HAD MORE MONEY AND MORE TIME TO SHOOT. I SOLD MY R9 TO BUY MY RX 2. I DO NOT REGRET IT AT ALL. MY OTHER IS A HW 97K .2O. I LOVE BOTH THESE GUNS. RX IS MY HUNTER AND READY TO GO CHOICE. I HUNT WITH MY 97, BUT HAVE TO UNCOCK IT IF I DON'T GET MY SHOT. NOW I WANT TO GO SHOOTING. LOL

Respond to this message   

TIM
(Login RX2-KILLER)
YF

RX2

January 23 2011, 8:05 PM 

i OWN TWO AIR GUNS. I WOULD HAVE MORE IF I HAD MORE MONEY AND MORE TIME TO SHOOT. I SOLD MY R9 TO BUY MY RX2 .22. I DO NOT REGRET IT AT ALL. MY OTHER IS A HW 97K .2O. I LOVE BOTH THESE GUNS. RX IS MY HUNTER AND READY TO GO CHOICE. I HUNT WITH MY 97, BUT HAVE TO UNCOCK IT IF I DON'T GET MY SHOT. NOW I WANT TO GO SHOOTING. LOL

Respond to this message   
Fleming
(Login Simplyhooked)
YC

This is what I was looking for.......RX2 X2 = 4 GRAPHIC

January 23 2011, 8:20 PM 

and the picture is worth more than a 1,000 words. Its' a little old but 5 greys were taken that day and it's proven itself every time that I pick it up. Out of all of the airguns that I own, I'm more than gald that I own this one.

If it's hunter that you're looking for, this is the "one".

[linked image]

This message has been edited by Simplyhooked on Jan 23, 2011 8:22 PM

Respond to this message   

(Login talon24)
YF

had both

January 24 2011, 2:26 AM 

RX1 in 020 , HW90 022 - same thing - i prefer and would buy again a HW90 in 022 - caliber better choice imo.

super nice but be aware long,heavy and not easy to break, believe me ...i am 6'7" and 240 lbs

Respond to this message   

(Login talon24)
YF

sorry i didnt read your post ...

January 24 2011, 2:28 AM 

thought you compared rx with hw90 . anyway i would still take the hw90, its a hammer out of the box !

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Your thoughts on the RX-2/HW90 vs R9/HW95?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

******** Buy 3rd/4th gen FX Pumps for Superior quality and unbeatable 5 year factory Warranty.********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.