<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

The .25 FX Royale 500 is sooo quiet!

January 27 2011 at 9:37 AM
Bobby Escay  (Login rescay)
YC

well, this is what I'm told...

Kip, from AoA, just took the FX Royale 500 out this past weekend for a rabbit hunt and he said it was a huge success with his furthest kill at 115 yards. This made me even more excited to try this new rifle out because this is very close to my jack rabbit kill of 118 yards from my Daystate Air Ranger. Kip says the FX Royale 500 is 47" in length and 7 lbs. This is a lot longer than the Royale 400 but I still consider it to be lightweight compared to my .25 Daystate Air Ranger and about the same length. It also has a 500cc bottle similar to the Air Ranger vs. the 400cc bottle on the Royale 400. The Royale 500 is supposedly putting out 45 ft/lbs and getting over 80 shots per fill with a very impressive extreme spread. I'll have to really see it to believe it but I do have high hopes because I have been very happy with the FX rifles I have purchased in the past. I also hear that the Royale 500 is ridiculously quiet and has a new baffling system from FX. I am told that it is even quieter than a .22 Marauder! This sounds awesome! I do wish the rifle were shorter in length but it's the extra length that allows the FX Royale 500 to be so efficient and quiet while putting out 45 ft/lbs. Im sure someone who doesn't need so many shots per fill will be able to get even more power out of this rifle. I think I'm going to have to break down and purchase one of these and compare it to my AZ tuned .22 Theoben Rapid MKII (Leupy BSA barrel) and to my .25 Daystate Air Ranger (Leupy BSA barrel). If anyone already has one please post some pictures and results

Bobby Escay

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Tony
(Login Trojan1994)
YF

Cool! Paging Brad in Cal, How quiet is that big .25 you just got?!?!

January 27 2011, 9:47 AM 

Regards,

Tony

Respond to this message   

Dan B
(Login Obturate)
YF

Smooth twist barrel? nt

January 27 2011, 6:40 PM 

Respond to this message   
Bsagunner
(Login bsagunner)
YF

80 shots per fill at what fill pressure? nt

January 27 2011, 7:44 PM 

Respond to this message   
Bobby Escay
(Login rescay)
YC

Yes it's a .25 smooth twist barrel

January 27 2011, 9:56 PM 

Not sure what the fill pressure was but I'll find out. Kip said he gets around 85 shots at 45 ft/lbs with an ES of 35 fps. He has also turned it up to 50ft/lbs and got 50 shots with an ES of 35 fps. I really wish we could hear from someone who has already bought one so we can all hear from someone not selling the product.

Bobby Escay

Respond to this message   
Ron S
(Login rws6610)
YF

I just pulled the trigger on a.25 Royale 500 today...

January 28 2011, 12:20 AM 

I've been wanting a .25 cal gun for a while and although I really wanted to pop for that new Theoben Rapid XP Pro in .25 but didn't feel like waiting and really didn't want to part with 2300.00 right now.

I've been hearing so many great things about these FX guns that I figured why not give one a try. I guess I'll be one of the first guinea pigs to take the plunge on the .25.

Anyway, It will be here next Thursday. I'll let you guy's know what I think of it.

By the way, the fill pressure for that 85 shot string was 210 bar. And if I'm not mistaken the extreme spread was more like 25fps and from what he said, and it had a nice long plateau to it. I spoke to Kip earlier and he also disclosed that he had been trying different power levels on it today and that he had turned it up a bit and got a 50 shot string with an avg of 50fpe with an extreme spread of 35 fps starting at 3200 psi with no loss of accuracy. He did mention that it did not seem to like being turned up any higher than that. He also mentioned that he had shot a string at about 65 fpe but it only got about 18 shots and dropped like a rock after that, not to mention it was squirrely and was getting a few flyers as well. Perhaps that .25 valve just isn't up tp that kind of FPE? In any event, I ordered an extra mag with it along with BKL double straps and I've got a Bushy Elite 4200 6-24X40 ready to go when it gets here. I also purchased some JSB Exact Kings along with a few tins Kodiaks. Kip said it shot well with both but his sample favored the Exact Kings.

All I can say is I'm very interested to see how this Royale compares side by side with my .20 cal AZ Rapid. If it's half as good as I've heard these Royales are, it should be a really nice gun.

Respond to this message   

E. Ortiz
(Login E.Zitro)
YC

Mine is here take a look ***Updated***

January 27 2011, 11:43 PM 

I won't have any results anytime soon I have an injured arm/hand that won't let me do anything for a while but I'll share some pictures trying to show some details.
First of all I got to say it's a little long but not bad , nice rifle no doubt about it.
[IMG][linked image][/IMG]
here's another picture along the Royale 400 , rigth here you can see the overall length on the shroud and the bottle .
One more showing the shroud caps..
And this is the 5 shot test AOA does before shipping at 18 yards with 31 grain kodiaks .
one thing I got to mention is... the magazines they are the same size the only thing different on them is the inner rotating part and the fact that the .25 cal is an eleven shot mag.
I wanted to get rid of it because of my injury but now that I have it I'll just hang on to it and wait for better times to go hunting with it.

**Update ***
This is my firts .25 PCP and I'm glad I bought it.
I was able to do some shooting this morning just to check the report and man is it quiet , super quiet... wich is nice , it makes me think that it's no shooting at the advertised 45 or 50 fpe. Is just as quiet as the 400 or even quieter.

This message has been edited by E.Zitro on Jan 28, 2011 1:33 PM

Respond to this message   
Ron S
(Login rws6610)
YF

Thanks for that post...

January 28 2011, 1:04 AM 

Nice looking gun. It does look a bit long next to the .22 but my Rapid is 45.5 inches long and it doesn't bother me a bit. I actually like it as it seems to make it more stable and less prone to movement prior to the shot while hunting. By the way, sorry to hear about your arm. I hope you heal up fast.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.