<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Daisy 747 Trigger...

March 21 2011 at 6:20 AM
Quincy  (Login Quincy12)
YF

Can it be improved? I don't have one, but am considering it. I have read that it has great potential, but the trigger often leaves alot to be desired. Are there any adjustments on it or can a 'smith improve it? Thanks.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login reschlund)
YF

A lot of info on the Daisy 7XX Trigger here.

March 21 2011, 7:47 AM 

As you well know anything can be improved.But sometimes there is a price to pay such as reliability or safety.
Read on my friend and make your decision.
Personally I would stay away from a Daisy as a entry level 10 meter pistol.
There are so many others out there with great triggers and less problems than the current run of Daisy 7XX pistols.They currently seem to be experiencing leaking seals from the factory (China?).So not only do you get a terrible trigger but a gun that has to go back for repair.

Here's your Trigger info
http://anotherairgunblog.blogspot.com/2010/01/daisy-717-trigger-refinement.html

http://anotherairgunblog.blogspot.com/2008/04/daisy-717-match-air-pistol-was-first.html

Best Regards
BBGun Bob
reschlund@wowway.com
S.E. Michigan

"Springers are neat,,One Shot One Bullseye"
If You Can Master Shooting One!

Respond to this message   
Quincy
(Login Quincy12)
YF

Thanks

March 21 2011, 8:04 AM 

If that's the case, I may stick with an IZH-46M. I was debating between these two, the big advantage to the Daisy would be cost. If they need that much work, however, the Baikal sounds like a better bet.

Quincy

Respond to this message   

(Login reschlund)
YF

IZH is a good choice.

March 21 2011, 8:47 AM 

The info I got about the leaky seals came from TargetTalk forum.
http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?p=145490
It seems Daisy has sold out to the lowest bidder and now produce as little as possible,,it breaks my heart too!

Best Regards
BBGun Bob
reschlund@wowway.com
S.E. Michigan

"Springers are neat,,One Shot One Bullseye"
If You Can Master Shooting One!

Respond to this message   
Bob in WV
(Login duhuh)
YC

The Daisy 747 has an adjustabe trigger!

March 21 2011, 9:50 AM 

There is a little screw in the grip that you can turn to adjust the pull weight on the 747 series. It is a pretty big step up from the 717. It also has the Lothar Walther barrel and is very accurate too. They are not bad pistols but maybe not in the league of an Izzy but then like you said they don't cost like and Izzy either. Lots of used ones show up for sale too. Parts are cheap and readily available from Daisy.

Bob in WV

Never get in a hurry, it only slows you down.

Respond to this message   

(Login AEROSOAR)
YC

Here's a couple more, maybe redundant to some already, posted

March 21 2011, 12:44 PM 

Respond to this message   
Jeff Kopp
(Login kosmickopp)
YF

Daisy 717

March 21 2011, 3:29 PM 

I have both a Daisy 717 and a Izzy. A comment regarding poor seals in the Daisy's - I find most the leaks stem from debris that somehow gets in the valve. Not the seals. Over oiling can cause leaks too. A very easy fix - in fact, I can totally rebuild my 717 in less than 15 minutes. I've put 3000+ rounds through mine this winter with ZERO problems, a very reliable gun and extremely accurate. On a par with my IZZY any day..

Respond to this message   
roland cannon
(Login rcannon409)
YC

747 trigger

March 21 2011, 6:45 PM 

I did not much care for my 747 trigger. The idea of the pull weight being adjustable made me sell the 717 I had and "upgrade" to the 747.

The trigger adjustment ended up being a counter spring that pushed in the opposite direction as the original spring. The trigger on the 747 ended up feeling vague and unpredictable. Not only that, but it was difficult to pass tech inspection in a match. Sometimes the trigger would pick up the weight, other times it would not. You ended up setting the pull weight way over the limit just to be sure it would pass.

I ended up sellign that 747 and bought my 717 back. It was possible to order the metal trigger blade and upgraded barrel from Daisy so thats what I ended up doing. For a budget gun its cool, but in no way is it anythign like an IZH46. With a metal blade on the 717 and the Nygord trigger mod, it was halfway decent.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Daisy 747 Trigger...
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

******** Buy 3rd/4th gen FX Pumps for Superior quality and unbeatable 5 year factory Warranty.********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.