<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Hatsan Quattro trigger (lots of pics.)

April 1 2011 at 10:57 AM
rod2311  (Login rod2311)
YF

Hi: here there are a lot of pics. of the Hatsan Quattro trigger. It's supposed to be standard on all Hatsan newer rifles, except the basic models 33 and 35, however I don't know which of them come to the USA and in what "dress"...

Regards,

Rod.

----------------------------------

The trigger unit, different views (note: the yellowish thing is a piece of wood I put to keep springs under tension and avoid loose pins).

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

We begin the disassembly. This is very easy since all pins are free to move (no rivets). Remove the bigger pin that holds the "main sear" (the one that holds the piston):

[linked image]

Then remove the pin that holds the "intermediate sear # 1" (this one engages with the main sear). Now both, main sear and intermediate sear # 1, which are joined by a spring, can be removed:

[linked image]

Next remove the pin that holds the trigger blade:

[linked image]

Next remove the pin that holds what I will call the "pressure spring vise":

[linked image]

And finally remove the "intermediate sear # 2" (this one engages with the intermediate sear # 1):

[linked image]

Disassembly is now complete. There is a remaining pin in the cassette, which is secured by an e-clip, this is not necessary to remove.

Now, different views of the cassette. Some have said this is rougher than the cassette of the Rekord trigger, but I would have to disagree: it looks and feels about equal:

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Now a close-up of the different components. I am as ignorant as a human being could be about metal/metalworking, but from the pure looks these seem very well done (no stamped-sheet metal parts):

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

The trigger blade seems to be made from a softer cast-metal, as it is the pretty much the norm. However, it is a piece that looks far more complex to build than the Rekord trigger blade, having two adjusting screws, a nylon insert to keep them tight, and two strange "wings", which probably serve the safety/antibeartrap function of the gun. AFAIK, the finish options for this blade are a black paint and gold-plated. In this aspect the Rekord trigger blade wins, it has a much nicer finish and feel:

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Adjustments
-------------
This bag is to be found on the box of the gun:

[linked image]

As it becomes evident from watching the parts, the adjustments are as follows (the manual is quite vague on this).

The screw that is more forward on the trigger blade, adjusts the total length of sear engagement (engagement of intermediate sear # 1 and intermediate sear # 2), that is, the sum of the lengths of stages 1 and 2. Clockwise you reduce this length. Anti-clockwise you increase this length. You will have to use this if you want to adjust to length of the first stage of the trigger to a specific desired value (but note: you will have to use the screw that is rearwards, in conjunction):

[linked image]

The screw that is more rearward on the trigger blade, adjusts the point of limit between the first stage and the second stage of the trigger. Clockwise you increase the length of the second stage. Anti-clockwise you reduce the length of the second stage:

[linked image]

The screw that is on the "pressure spring vise", adjusts -obviously- the pressure of pull of the trigger (both stages). Clockwise you increase the pressure and anti-clockwise you reduce the pressure:

[linked image]

However, given the fact that the main sear and the intermediate sear # 1 are joined by a strong spring, the pressure spring adjustment seems not to produce the desired results (incl. consistency), when too little pressure is set on it. Some have said you can solve this issue if you replace the spring that joints the main sear and the intermediate sear # 1 with a weaker one, and if you polish/hone the contact parts. I haven't tried this recipe yet.

Now let us assemble the parts outside the cassette, and engage the trigger, to see all in operation:

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

The trigger blade is moved from the rest position to the second stage just before firing:

[linked image]
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

John Lucas
(Login jlucas50)
YC

Is the 200W imported into the US and by who? nt

April 1 2011, 11:19 AM 

"Silence is the only thing that can hinder the Truth"

Respond to this message   
rod2311
(Login rod2311)
YF

I doubt it...

April 1 2011, 1:30 PM 

I am from Chile, not from the USA. But IIRC, you guys in the USA are getting (almost) none of the Hatsan models, and this 200W is pretty new...
Regards,
Rodrigo.

Respond to this message   
royrogers1952
(Login royrogers1952)
YF

How about some pics ot the AR? TIA

April 1 2011, 11:24 AM 

Don

This message has been edited by royrogers1952 on Apr 1, 2011 11:25 AM

Respond to this message   
rod2311
(Login rod2311)
YF

Hatsan 135 - Pics will come soon

April 1 2011, 1:31 PM 

I pretend to post a review on it...
Regards,
Rodrigo.

Respond to this message   

Adam SoCal
(Login shootistinsocal)

Nice unit

April 1 2011, 11:46 AM 

With company like Hatsan and Crosman finally putting decent triggers in their airguns many airgunners will not know what to complain about...lol

Photobucket

Adam in SoCal
AKA WalkOnKing
http://www.airgunartisans.com/AAAdamVigil.htm
http://www.talonairgun.com

Respond to this message   
rod2311
(Login rod2311)
YF

Exactly those 2 companys

April 1 2011, 1:35 PM 

I will keep an eye on them.... They are evolving FAST and listening to customers. I'm not saying their products are good or bad, I don't know. But they seem to be receptive to customers input and taking actions. They have also the resources to do that (volume). Many other brands take DECADES to change, say, a detail like a plastic trigger blade into a metal one (??).
Cheers.
Rod.

This message has been edited by rod2311 on Apr 1, 2011 1:36 PM

Respond to this message   

Chris
(Login C.A.P)

Re: Hatsan Quattro trigger (lots of pics.)

April 1 2011, 3:52 PM 

I have a Patriot here with a Quatro trigger. I have replaced the sear spring and its still a bit stiff. Its definitely not a UK Tommy trigger or even a rekord for that matter.

Respond to this message   
rod2311
(Login rod2311)
YF

In my case I'd say it is jut 1 step below the Rekord,

April 1 2011, 4:15 PM 

but I have "touched" nothing, only played with the adjusting screws. Certainly a very nice trigger -unseen before- for these kind of super-magnums. Mine is the Hatsan 135...
Regards,
Rod.

This message has been edited by rod2311 on Apr 1, 2011 4:58 PM

Respond to this message   
Ed
(Login kawzuk)
YC

Trigger

April 1 2011, 4:12 PM 

Hi,I have a Hatsan Falcon Hunter Magnum .22 with gas ram. Would you know if this trigger would fit on this gun and if it's obtainable. Thanks,Ed.

Respond to this message   
rod2311
(Login rod2311)
YF

RE: Trigger

April 1 2011, 5:11 PM 

Don't know if this Quatto will fit the older trigger guns...
I am in Chile and could buy one of the Quattro trigger units for around $35.- However I ignore if they are available in the USA (just the units). Sorry!
Regards,
Rod.

Respond to this message   

Claudio
(Login Trajtemberg)
YF

Hatsan 99...

April 1 2011, 9:04 PM 

If you ever get the chance to buy it, dont think twice and get it.

From metal to wood, its the best thing hatsan has ever done so far.

Best Regards
Claudio Trajtemberg

Respond to this message   
Glover, Walter
(Login Voltar1)
YFOT

Would you have pics? The Hatsan AT44W is pretty amazing

April 2 2011, 2:11 AM 

they have pulled up their socks for sure.
This thing is good looking, smooth functioning and accurate right out of the box. Oh and very fair prices as well.

Walter....

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.