<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Pressure gauge/quickfill for Ultra/Scorpion.........

April 10 2011 at 6:52 AM
El Caro  (Login elcaro)
YF

Just thought I would share this with you.

Pressure gauge/quickfill for Ultra and Scorpion

I have been field testing all week a pressure gauge/quickfill arrangement developed by Bowkett who designed the pcp range for BSA. It replaces the charging valve assembly on Ultras and Scorpions. Here are a couple of pics of his prototype. I found it easier to charge than the standard probe system and the gauge was very handy due to the small air container on the Ultra limiting the shot count. A quick glance meant that you were sure and there was not that awful feeling of having got to your shoot only to wonder if you had topped up the little beast or not back home. This particular Ultra has an experimental self regulating valve system developed by Bowkett that replaces his existing design produced by BSA. It has the same air container volume but in .22" gives over 50 shots from a lower fill pressure than standard. I have to admit shooting this paticular Ultra has given more pleasure than I had from the advantages of the the pressure gauge with whicháit was fitted. That is just a personal thing. I like shooting. The rest is just aátask I was givená- and someone has to do it. Hehehehehe. NiceáEl C.

á
á
á
PS. This post is just to share items of interest with fellow airgunners.

This message has been edited by elcaro on Apr 10, 2011 6:54 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

AndyH.
(Login AndyH44)

Simon Howarth, aka "Tench" is also making a version...

April 10 2011, 11:25 AM 

Got one coming and will post pics.

Shoot to Live...Live to Shoot!

Respond to this message   

(Login parisd20)

Good Job

April 10 2011, 1:15 PM 

I really like what you did there

FOR SALE SCIENCE OF SILENCE
http://www.airgunartisans.com/AAParisD.htm

Respond to this message   
El Caro
(Login elcaro)
YF

It looks like he has missed the boat.nt

April 10 2011, 5:28 PM 

nt

Respond to this message   

(Login cugo18)
YF

wow very cool

April 10 2011, 7:14 PM 

I just pic up a bsa ultra multi shot and was just looking if any one came up with
a pressure gauge for the ultra. I would be very interested in it but would like the quick fill to be a foster quick fill.

Respond to this message   
El Caro
(Login elcaro)
YF

This was designed and developed by Bowkett several....

April 11 2011, 2:31 AM 

years ago. I have been putting as many shots as I can through an Ultra that is fitted with his next generation of self regulating valving. It gives far less velocityáspread over the entire fill and a marked increase in shot count despite working at a lower pressure and the same volume. I was told that, just to put the cherry on the cake, it is still simple despite being more versatile regarding power settings. I asked JB if he would put one of his gauge fittings in and that would get an airing as well. Hehehehe. That's what he did. Heáused his own old design of quickfill coupling but equally it could be made with any other. What you see is a working prototype. - El C.

Respond to this message   

theotherpursuit
(Login theotherpursuit)
YF

Thanks

April 11 2011, 4:31 PM 

For keeping us updated on JB's talented work. BTW, do you know about how old he is? Just curious since I found something online that put him at 80 or so??

Thanks,

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Pressure gauge/quickfill for Ultra/Scorpion.........
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

******** Buy 3rd/4th gen FX Pumps for Superior quality and unbeatable 5 year factory Warranty.********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.