<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

FX Indy – New Pump Handle

April 13 2011 at 11:44 AM

(Login 17bullet)
YC

After the last time out shooting the FX Indy for some target practice, It seemed the palm of my hand was taking a beating from pumping the Indy between shots. Now I would be the first to say that the Indy pumps rather easy, and especially for the power output. But when you shoot about 100 pellets that is about 300 pumps. Great hunting rifle, but a little much for me as steady shooter all day. So I looked over the situation and found that the plastic handle on the pump does not correspond correctly with the direction of travel. Therefore the edge of the plastic is being pushed in my palm, and becomes sore after some time. The plastic is beveled at the corners leaving edges instead of roundness. Nothing to do but correct this for me. Using a 90-shore hard black rubber block a new handle part was machined for the Indy. The flat on the rubber now corresponds with the direction of travel and the edges are rounded. Left a little edge on the bottom so the pump handle can be pulled out more easily. The original plastic handle is held in place with one 3mm x .5 screw. The metal arm is drill both sides but tapped only one side. Ran a 3mm tap through both sides and use two screws to hold the replacement rubber piece in position. Even though the rubber is fairly hard, machining is just a little different then hard plastic or metal. I have not done a much rubber part making. But taking some extra time and learning gave me the piece I was looking for. My primary use for the Indy is hunting/pest control. I feel now this will work better during the times that I wish to target shoot a little also. Bottom line, I like the FX Indy rifle and also like making the little custom ideas that come to mind. Some pictures to describe the project.

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login vonBrink)
YFOT

Out of the box thinking, I like it. Both the thought and the part. Factory

April 13 2011, 12:40 PM 

should have seen that problem to start with. I have been trying to figure out how to add something to the existing part to make it easier on the hand. Your idea is is great, but I don't think that I can duplicate that with a band saw, scroll saw, drill press and belt sander. LOL! Here is an idea that I did apply.
IndyIndy F. Sight sm.Shotgun Mag Clamp

Willing victim of unrepentant airgun enablers.

Respond to this message   

(Login 17bullet)
YC

You got a great idea

April 13 2011, 12:55 PM 

Thanks for your comments. Bud, I saw your post on this target sight set up before. I can not tell you how creative you are and your ingenuity in doing that. The ideas that keep coming from the Yellow Forum are just a blast to stay in touch with.

Respond to this message   

theotherpursuit
(Login theotherpursuit)
YF

Great idea and..

April 13 2011, 12:49 PM 

your part matches the coloring on the stock better as well.

Respond to this message   

(Login 17bullet)
YC

Thanks, got lucky with a piece of rubber I had on hand nt

April 13 2011, 12:58 PM 

Respond to this message   

(Login williamN)
YC

Nice job

April 13 2011, 7:42 PM 

Looks great.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - FX Indy – New Pump Handle
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

******** Buy 3rd/4th gen FX Pumps for Superior quality and unbeatable 5 year factory Warranty.********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.