<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Shipping Air Pistol To Hawaii

April 23 2011 at 11:50 PM

(Login jamdon)
YC

Does anyone know if an air pistol can be shipped to Hawaii using USPS? I checked their site but could not find any info on it. Thanks in advance.

Life is short...slow down and enjoy
http://www.activevacuums.com

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login kahanaohana)
YC

yes u can

April 24 2011, 12:07 AM 

Respond to this message   

RedFeather
(Login RedFeather)
YFOT

It is my understanding

April 24 2011, 1:37 AM 

that you cannot ship any pistols using USPS. Could be wrong but worth checking out. If for any reason it's xrayed....

Respond to this message   

(Login kahanaohana)
YC

ive ordered many air guns/pistols and they arrived usps

April 24 2011, 1:44 AM 

Respond to this message   

(Login itsmekeoni)
YF

From my understanding...

April 24 2011, 2:00 AM 

...you can't ship a pistol through the USPS only rifles. With that being said I have shipped AND received air pistols in the mail with no problems but that doesn't mean that it is legal lol.

-Keoni

====================================================

| My Airgun Info Blog | On Twitter: @airguninfo and @keoni_a |
| Find me on Facebook | Download Airgun Helper for Android smart phones |

calc_qr_yellow_100px.png
Scan QR to download
straight to phone

Respond to this message   

(Login kahanaohana)
YC

thats true Keoni....

April 24 2011, 2:07 AM 

me too, i had pistols sent to me from websites, but i guess it still could be illegal.

Respond to this message   

(Login Dead-On)
YC

No.... but.

April 24 2011, 2:13 AM 

USPS does not allow pistols of any kind to be shipped, Air pistol, flare pistol, starter pistol ect...
But I sent a 1377 to Hawaii and a CP88 to California last year using USPS. I've read of many people doing this with no problems. But I'm not suggesting that you try it. I gambled and won the roll of the dice, twice.

Respond to this message   

(Login kahanaohana)
YC

If worried protect yourself and.....

April 24 2011, 2:55 AM 

break it down into two or 3 parts and send him air guns parts..right?

Respond to this message   

(Login luckybones47)
YF

The postal employee in vancouver, wa. said to make sure its unloaded.n/t

April 24 2011, 4:09 AM 

grady

Respond to this message   

(Login unrepentantsinner)
YF

USPS air handguns

April 24 2011, 6:59 AM 

The Ucalled and SPS employee in Oregon said yes, then asked a supervisor with a phone call, and they said no, but said what they did not know would not hurt you. The regulations if you read them say no.

I have, like most of you recieved them in the mail, but it is easier to have FEDEX do it, they will and it is okay with them.

What if something happens to it enroute, or it gets exrayed, just not worth it for my peace of mind.

Respond to this message   

(Login plinkerton)
YFOT

No pistols in the mail ...

April 24 2011, 9:27 AM 

postal regs are pretty clear, if it's a pistol it cannot ship by mail even if it's an air pistol. PO does not distinguish between firearms and airguns where pistols are concerned. Air rifles are OK.

Respond to this message   
Bob
(Login bobbyjm)
YC

Federal Laws

April 24 2011, 9:48 AM 

Since your dealing with the USPS and it's a federal agency and policed by the Postal Inspectors a federal police force I sure wouldn't send an air pistol. I think they could make your life a nightmare if caught.

Probley sick the ATF on you.

Respond to this message   

(Login jamdon)
YC

Thanks for all the responses. I am not a gambling...

April 24 2011, 11:04 AM 

man...therefore I will abide by the rules as they are written. It is a Crosman pistol that I am looking to ship, therefore I could separate the gripframe and trigger and send two separate packages as spares. UPS wants approximately $70.00 to ship this pistol to Hawaii sad.gif. I will have to figure out the cost of two USPS packages to see if it is worth it. I am almost certain that it will be a lot cheaper.

Life is short...slow down and enjoy
http://www.activevacuums.com

Respond to this message   

(Login manny6666)
YF12

Good thing to know !!!!!!

April 24 2011, 1:28 PM 

Man I didn't know that, and I've sent a bunch of pistols thru USPS, ..dang !!!!!!

best way to shop to Hawaii is to use flat rate boxes and priority mail, USPS rocks !!!!!

Respond to this message   

(Login kahanaohana)
YC

If it fits it ships box...$5...$10...$15

April 24 2011, 1:51 PM 

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Shipping Air Pistol To Hawaii
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

******** Buy 3rd/4th gen FX Pumps for Superior quality and unbeatable 5 year factory Warranty.********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.