<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Crosman Venom/Benj Trail vs. Diana 34

June 12 2011 at 10:30 PM
  (Login oakleyhoma)
YF

I've seen only scattered comments about the Crosman Venom, though a lot more about the Titan & Benjamin Trail nitro pistons. What I haven't seen but need to hear are comments & opinions of D34 vs. the nitro pistons. Are they built well? The NPs seem to have power, less problem with hold ... so how's the accuracy and build compare to the D34?

Buying my first springer to enter the sport. Was pretty well set on Diana 34 classic, the Venom seems like a competitor though, just need input from anyone who can compare pro/con.

This message has been edited by oakleyhoma on Jun 12, 2011 11:31 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
SteveR in SWFL
(Login SSRatRacer)
YF

Re: Crosman Venom -- Diana 34?

June 12 2011, 11:13 PM 

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Can't compare it with a Diana 34, but the Nitro Venom is a redressed Benji Trail. So I would base a comparison to that, since it's so new to the market. Oh, and the trigger is horrid. And now I've got to assemble my $20 of parts for a spring compressor and install my $30 replacement GTX trigger on top of what I paid for it.

This message has been edited by SSRatRacer on Jun 12, 2011 11:23 PM

Respond to this message   

Jeff Marshall
(Login jmars)
YC

I have owned many Diana's, and have never had one that was really inaccurate.....

June 12 2011, 11:40 PM 

but my .177 Crosman Nitro Venom air rifle as sold by Sportsman's Guide is not accurate, and many other Chinese air rifles I've owned haven't been too impressive either.

I consider the Chinese guns a roll of the dice, but not the Diana.

Jeff
Jeff Marshall

Respond to this message   

Slinging Lead
(Login SlingingLead)
YF

Get the Diana, or better yet a used one. Great German quality.

June 13 2011, 8:47 AM 

vs. a relatively new, unproven gun from China.

Shoot first. Ask questions later.

Respond to this message   

(Login donwalk)
YC

Re: Crosman Venom/Benj Trail vs. Diana 34

June 13 2011, 10:34 AM 

i have the Benji NP Trail all weather in .22 caliber.

lots of recoil...lots of 'power'...the recoil causes loosening of any screw/bolt that can be loosened.

accuracy is affected by the 'hold'...mine seems to prefer heavy(ier) pellets such as Beeman Silver jets.

once it "smooths out"...it's really not too bad of a rifle.

it is (in the .22 caliber, at least) a good, longer range, hunting air rifle.

power-wise, i would say it is comparable to my Beeman RX1 in .20 caliber; both are hard hitting, medium/long range, hunting air rifles.

the biggest negative to this rifle is the trigger. Crosman/Benjamin should address this issue as it seems to be the universal, single, largest complaint about this otherwise acceptable rifle but i suspect economics come into play about the trigger issue. a better trigger would probably entail higher costs; that translates to higher cost to the consumer.

never squat down while wearing your spurs...will rogers

This message has been edited by donwalk on Jun 13, 2011 1:09 PM

Respond to this message   
AllenD
(Login AllenDavis)
YF

Have experience with both..

June 13 2011, 11:53 AM 

I would buy another Diana, especially with the new trigger. I will not buy anymore Crosman springers until they do something about the trigger - it is really bad. Diana 34 beats Nitro Piston hands-down. D34 will make a great first springer.

Respond to this message   
J. Smith in Michigan
(Login pa007gs)
YFOT

You will not be sorry with a 34 nt

June 13 2011, 12:29 PM 

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Crosman Venom/Benj Trail vs. Diana 34
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

******** Buy 3rd/4th gen FX Pumps for Superior quality and unbeatable 5 year factory Warranty.********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.