<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Weaver 3X9 Rimfire Classic Scope

August 7 2011 at 11:39 AM
karlw  (Login karlw)
YF

I have this very nice Weaver Rimfire Classic on one of my PB guns and am thinking it would be great on either my R7 or HW50.

With that said, I remember someone here saying that they broke their "rimfire classic" scope on one of their springers.

I am pretty sure that Weaver specs show it to be "airgun rated" but does anyone else have experience with this scope on a springer?

I've had several of these "rimfire classics" from Weaver and the quality of the optics is extremely good. Especially in the 3X9 version, with the AO feature.

Your thoughts?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
karlw
(Login karlw)
YF

Here's what Weaver says

August 7 2011, 11:47 AM 

but I'd still like to know if you've had any problems with yours, on your springer.

Weaver takes rimfire riflescopes as seriously as its big game brethren. Every Classic Rimfire scope incorporates many of the exact same features found on Weaver's top-of-the-line models. Designed to bring out the best in rimfire and adult air rifles, the Classic Rimfire comes in variable and fixed power modelswith fully multi-coated, non-glare lenses that produce edge-sharp, low -light brightness, even in the duskiest of conditions. All scopes feature rugged, aircraft-grade, one-piece aluminum construction. Waterproof, fogproof and shockproof, the Classic Rimfire is designed to withstand the multi-directional recoil from the heaviest spring-loaded adult airguns. Parallax is set at 50 yards for ideal rimfire target acquisition and accuracy.

Respond to this message   
chuck
(Login charlie9g)
YF

karl if you wouldn't mind

August 7 2011, 2:36 PM 

what is the minimum focus distance on 3/4 power. never had one of those but they are supposed to be one of the all time cool small scopes. all the weaver stuff i've had has been great on springers and i personally wouldn't hesitate to use it.

small caliber joy

Respond to this message   
karlw
(Login karlw)
YF

Hey Chuck

August 7 2011, 3:43 PM 

The AO focuses down to 10 yards. I've had two of the 2X7 Rimfire classics and they were real nice, but the 3X9 is even better, because it's the only one with the AO feature. And it has precise "click" adjustments whereas the 2X7 is "friction" adjustment.

A lot of rimfire guys consider it almost exactly equal to the best Leupold rimfire scopes.

I'll tell ya this....it is CRYSTAL CLEAR, and light and compact. Without question, the absolute nicest scope I have ever owned.

Respond to this message   
chuck
(Login charlie9g)
YF

10 yard basement range

August 7 2011, 5:12 PM 

so all my scopes have to focus under the 10 to be sure and safe. minimum for me is 8 yards.
10 though isn't bad at all for a rimmie scope many don't begin to be crisp until 12-15 yards. they're wonderful units a/o or not only not suited to close quarters.
i had a weaver 2-7x28 got sold years ago. it was a fine scope. no parallax problems whatsoever.

small caliber joy

Respond to this message   
Bob in WV
(Login duhuh)
YC

re Weaver

August 7 2011, 7:40 PM 

I picked one up one a gun a few years ago and put it on my R7 .20 cal. and it has held up great through a lot of shooting at first, though I haven't been shooting it that much the last couple of years.

Bob in WV

Never get in a hurry, it only slows you down.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.