<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Daystate Air Wolf MCT or FX Royale .25???

August 19 2011 at 10:54 PM

(Login V10Rich)
YF

Would like to hear some opinions from owners of these guns and especially anyone who is fortunate enough to own both.

Thank You in advance.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login itsmekeoni)

I didn't have a Royale .25 but in .22..

August 19 2011, 11:40 PM 

...and to be honest you won't go wrong with either gun but a lot of what I liked about the Airwolf MCT was the shot count and consistency but the new Royales are about even now and all mechanical with a power adjuster. I had to sell my Royale (I didn't want to) and I still have my Airwolf (gonna have to sell it to it seems) and I know I will have to rebuy them later and I'll be happy with both once again and more so with the ROyale because of all the recent improvements in shot count and consistency.

-Keoni

====================================================

| My Airgun Info Blog | On Twitter: @airguninfo and @keoni_a |
| Find me on Facebook | Download Airgun Helper Mobile for Android 2.2+ smart phones |

calc_qr_yellow_100px.png
Scan QR to download
straight to phone (old version)

market.png
Scan QR to download from phone market
straight to phone

direct.png
Scan QR to download
straight to phone (new version)

Respond to this message   

(Login JohnnySweden)

Royale...

August 20 2011, 1:54 AM 

More then 100 shots at more then 50 fpe within a 15 fps spread from a single 260 Bar fill from the 500cc tube, using the regulator fitted version.

3-stage repetable poweradjuster and one of the best shrouds in the business.

The ST-technology..

http://airpang.bloggplatsen.se/

Respond to this message   

(Login terrykuz)
YC

Airwolf

August 20 2011, 1:21 PM 

Had the FX400 and the airwolf. The trigger on the airwolf is much better. From the bench the airwolf was more consistent, and it was not as fussy about pellets or cleaning. Magazines also seem to be an issue with the FX. I personally like the display on the Airwolf.

Respond to this message   

(Login V10Rich)
YF

Thanks Guys

August 20 2011, 2:22 PM 

So far I have heard from SP and two more Plinkers who did not post here both telling me there is no comparison between the two PCP's. I didn't realize the Daystate was that much better then the FX or that the FX still had bugs to be worked out on its Royale.

Respond to this message   
Jerry
(Login dollarhunt)
YC

Re: Thanks Guys

August 20 2011, 3:45 PM 

own an Air Wolf and have shot Fx Royale 400 and 500. prefer the Wolf, because of the trigger and all of the instantly available info on the screen. at any given time i know the exact tank pressure, number of shots left in the magazine, number of shots taken since last tank refill, etc. i am the world's worst about keeping track of how many shots i have taken with the current magazine- nice that the gun does it for me. and the trigger just has to be experienced to be believed.

Respond to this message   
Dimitrios Michailidis
(Login Dimitris76)
YF

So you need a screen for that?

August 20 2011, 5:10 PM 

The FX guns have a transparent magazine cover and an analog pressure gauge...

Dimitrios

Respond to this message   

(Login dollarhunt)
YC

Re: So you need a screen for that?

August 20 2011, 5:29 PM 

neither of which will show you EXACT pressure, shot count since last fill, or number of shots remaining in the mag AT A GLANCE AND SIMULTANEOUSLY.

Respond to this message   

Scott Gage
(Login CBR400RR)
YF

Airwolf

August 20 2011, 9:31 PM 

I the Daystate makes some of the best guns you can buy, great trigger, perfect fit and finish, very accurate.

Respond to this message   

(Login BMCMAY)
YF12

Re: Daystate Air Wolf MCT or FX Royale .25???

August 21 2011, 3:09 PM 

I have both.

I read some responses and I agree the trigger on the Airwolf is great but the Royale is a fun gun to shoot! The ST barrel is a huge improvement. There is a $700-$800 difference in pricing.

I have had no problems with the FX magazines.

I can say My airwolf has hit 382 yard shot shattered a barn window by mistake. (Long story)

good luck

JR

FX Gladiator .22
FX Revoultion .22
FX Royale 400 .22
FX Royale 500 .25
FX Ranchero .22
FX Independence .22
EDGUN .22 multishot
Theoben Rapid MkII .22
Daystate Air Wolf MCT .25
Air Arms tx .177
THEOBEN slr 98 .22
HW97K .177
Benjamin Marauder pistol
Eun Jin Sumatra .22 Carbine

Respond to this message   
Jaime Santiago
(Login jsrshaman)
YF

How many shots from the airwolf in .25?

August 21 2011, 9:26 PM 

The FX regulated count of 100 shots in the regulated .25 is quite impressive. Would like to know in your experience how the shot count compares between your FX 500 and your Airwolf in .25

Thxs!

JSR:.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Daystate Air Wolf MCT or FX Royale .25???
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

******** Buy 3rd/4th gen FX Pumps for Superior quality and unbeatable 5 year factory Warranty.********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.