<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

the most powerful 22. air rifle.

September 20 2011 at 7:41 AM
  (Login hishamhah)

guys my question is very simple. i need to now the most powerfule spring air rifle in the market today?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Bo
(Login hotbrass)
YF

RWS guns?

September 20 2011, 8:18 AM 

48, 52, 54, 350, gas ram Crow Magnum.

Respond to this message   

(Login reschlund)
YF

Just a few

September 20 2011, 8:25 AM 

Patriot/Kodiak, Eliminator/Crow Magnum, Dual Magnum, JW75/JW80, RWS 48/52/54, Pro Elite,Eliminator,Gamo Hunter Extreme, RWS Diana 350/460,not to mention the Chinese copies of many of these listed.

Just remember,,, unless you can master shooting a magnum springer you ain't going to hit your target.
Power comes with a price and its not in dollars.

Best Regards
BBGun Bob
reschlund@wowway.com
S.E. Michigan

"Springers are neat,,One Shot One Bullseye"
If You Can Master Shooting One!

Respond to this message   

(Login ekmeister)
YFOT

The List What He Said (nt)

September 20 2011, 9:42 AM 

Happy Shooting!

Ed, The Airgun Tune-Meister

edward73@sbcglobal.net

"We can rebuild the squirrel. Make him stronger, faster...We have the technology"---Skyler M.

Respond to this message   
LexingtonGreg
(Login LexingtonGreg)
YF

If your definition of spring....

September 20 2011, 8:42 AM 

Includes gas rams (which they are springers) then its the Benjamin XL, its got more power than any spring powered gun RWS makes...and that includes the 54 and 350. The Eliminator/Crow magnum can edge it out, but the cost, weight, and cocking effort is huge. The Theoben Eliminator is the only thing I can think of on the market today that is the "cost is no object" winner at around $1200.00

Respond to this message   
SteveV
(Login stevevines)
YFOT

Webley Patriot..........................................................................nt

September 20 2011, 8:55 AM 

Respond to this message   

(Login Mike17670)
YF

Out of all of these guns, which is lest hold sensitive? NT

September 20 2011, 9:31 AM 

Respond to this message   

(Login ekmeister)
YFOT

A Whiscombe or RWS 54 (nt)

September 20 2011, 9:43 AM 

Happy Shooting!

Ed, The Airgun Tune-Meister

edward73@sbcglobal.net

"We can rebuild the squirrel. Make him stronger, faster...We have the technology"---Skyler M.

Respond to this message   
VAF
(Login VAFarmer)
YC

Look on Pyramyd Airs website. Not saying buy from them,

September 20 2011, 9:37 AM 

but there you can view about the widest selection out there.

You can sort by "springer" or ".22 ".

Power does come at a price, as was mentioned before. But all the advice in the world wont change your mind till you get one under your belt.

My advice would be if you get one, have it de-tuned to where it will shoot 15 grain pellets at 800 fps.
Another good piece of advice that was mentioned before is perhaps trying a gas ram for this type of power. IF money is no object, look at a Beeman.
Trust this, that you will not be able to handle the recoil as well in stock form. And FWIW, 800 fps is plenty of power for stuff up to turkey size in a typical .22 cal 50 yd shot(head shots). If you get one to shoot around this area, you will have a better chance at grouping shots.
If you need more power go pcp or pumper. If you still need more, go for a .30 cal or above pcp. If you still need more, go to rimfire.

Good luck and God bless,

Farmer

Respond to this message   
kh
(Login kwh69)
YC

Of the guns in production today

September 20 2011, 11:16 AM 

if you have the money I would go with the Theoben Eliminator. Mine is not the .22 its the .25 and generates 28 FPE. The RWS 54 is a great gun easey to shoot and comes in at 20-21 FPE.

I bought the Benjamin XL 1100 and it sets in the corner of my bedroom, along with my Turkish Patriot. Both with gas rams and both pure junk. Also gave away my Walther Hunter Extreme.

For the money if you want power and still want to hit you target pick up the RWS 350 with iron sights.

You might consider one of Mike Melick's RWS 350 clones.

Like BBGun Bob said "unless you can master shooting a magnum springer you ain't going to hit your target."

As a general rule you get what you pay for.

Respond to this message   

(Login waynejitsu)
YF

you want power...

September 20 2011, 11:56 AM 

Get a PCP or a lower powered springer..
The more power a springer has, the harder it is to hit your target- consistently.

I would MUCH rather hit my target where I was aiming than to miss my target with a big powerful gun and pellet.
Most guns, about 930 - 950fps seems to give the best accuracy, which is much, MUCH better than missing your target at 1600fPS

Respond to this message   

(Login kennisondan)
YC

least hold sensitive to me was the tx 200 in 22..

September 20 2011, 7:18 PM 

but not completely without some springer traits, consistent hold and follow through.. the toughest was the 350 in 22.. it was a bit more demanding.. never had a chinese copy.. tuned or not..

one way to get the 'power' is to get a heavier pellet and larger pellet.. I would think that the heavier pellets and larger pellets are easier to shoot in the same model gun..

that said I like my old 36 diana 177 just fine.. it eats all pellets and sends them out true, is not a bear to cock and is accurate.. top of the line power it is not... that eliminator caught my eye a long time ago esp. if you can go 25 with it..

any 25 just about over a 22 gives or seems to give more power... 177 velocity.. 22 compromise but better hunter for most folks.. then 25... gets my hunter vote.. if I had to drop all the hunters but one it would be the 25..
if it had to be a springer...either a brit patriot.25 or a theoben in 25... my experience is limited but I do know the tx was a great springer, and powerful enough for all my doings.. if it would have been inm 25 I would have been even happier.. did not know it then, though and did not realize how nicely mannered it was...
dk

"HAVE GUN WILL TRAVEL"

Respond to this message   
Mike
(Login Mike17670)
YF

Try a Hw80 with a full blown V-Mach Kit.

September 20 2011, 11:21 PM 

21.5 ftlbs of pure silk. You have to shoot a PCP for a smoother high-power shot cycle.

Having fun,
Mike

Respond to this message   
james perotti
(Login jpsaxnc)
YFOT

Which ever gun you can dump the highest volume of air from,

September 20 2011, 7:30 PM 

at the highest possible pressure, per shot. hth.

Respond to this message   
eric
(Login EzyE)
YC

You may want to check out one of C.A.P.'s offerings.

September 20 2011, 9:19 PM 

From what I've read, he pretty much works wonders with a Patriot/Kodiak.

Respond to this message   

(Login t165)
YF

That would be my guess.

September 20 2011, 10:15 PM 

I've read many owners state their Patriot/Kodiak springers come close or even reach 30 fpe. C.A.P. shot a video on youtube where one of his modified Patriots reached a velocity which obtained approximately 34 fpe of muzzle energy. I'm not sure if it was a .25 or .22 caliber but I wouldn't think the difference between the two would be much at all.

Respond to this message   
JW652
(Login JW652)
YC

Most Powerful Springer

September 21 2011, 6:09 AM 

Out of the box, a Whiscombe JW-80 or Theoben Eleminator.

Respond to this message   

(Login scott_RWS_48)
YF12

Re: Most Powerful Springer

September 21 2011, 8:13 AM 

I have a .22 Theoben Eliminator. Depending on the pellet choice it will do 22-30 fpe. That puts it in a very small group of box stock air rifle that can produce this much energy. This is my favorite rifle. Despite the fact that I have a M34, R1, TX200 and HW97, I find myself shooting my Eliminator more than anything else. The rifle is challenging and very large, and quite expensive. It's not for everyone...

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - the most powerful 22. air rifle.
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.