<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

considering getting a Hammerli 850 repeater , refurb .22

October 26 2011 at 10:31 AM
Ralph in La.  (Premier Login ralphy101again)

any of you have hands on opinion of this one , i've read lots of reviews but would like to learn what some of you think . i have several CO2 pistols but haven't had a CO 2 rifle since i was a kid . thanks

Life is a trip

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
knt
(Login Rescue912)
YF

Buy it ...

October 26 2011, 10:36 AM 

... you won't be sorry. If you decide to hunt in colder weather buy an HPA bottle and then you can still return to CO2 for sunny plinking sessions.

Respond to this message   
ray carter
(Login raydj)
YF

I bought one a couple of years ago -

October 26 2011, 10:42 AM 

extremely satisfied! I shot it for a year or so on CO2 (mostly using a paintball tank adapter since the AS cartridges are the most expensive way to buy CO2) and then converted to HPA using the package from the850store.com. Excellent shooter - I do not hesitate to recommend.

Respond to this message   
Doug T
(Login Doug-T)
YF

Great gun, especiall for the price and amount of mods you can do to it. n/t

October 26 2011, 11:00 AM 

Respond to this message   
Tim A.
(Login windtek)
YF

Hammerli 850

October 26 2011, 11:16 AM 

Ralph C02 guns are my favorite and the 850 is very near the top of the list. I own the .177 cal and will own a .22 cal the 850 bolt action is like one of my Airgun buddies From the yellow said is like butter. I think you will be back on the C02 band wagon if you pick up a 850 and the .22 cal is a great choice. I received mine in a trade that is why it's a .177 cal the guns shoot hard and there tack drivers right out of the box. Tim A.

Respond to this message   
Ralph in La.
(Premier Login ralphy101again)

thanks all of you nt

October 26 2011, 11:27 AM 

Life is a trip

Respond to this message   

Lon
(Login bigbore)
YFOT

Great gun.

October 26 2011, 11:19 AM 

I haven't seen them for sale refurbed for a while.

I would also recommend running them on a reg'ed bottle eventually. At the very least, get the Bryan & Associates adapter to run it on 9oz bulk bottles, it's also used to attach the reg'ed bottle.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Tony
(Login Trojan1994)
YF

I bought a used(and modified) one from my friend recently

October 26 2011, 11:47 AM 

and its an excellent hunting/plinking rig...very accurate...well built and I love the simple, reliable, easy to clean magazines.

Regards,

Tony

Respond to this message   
Ben Mann
(Login 19thaircommando)
YF

You'll be pleased with it

October 26 2011, 11:50 AM 

If you mostly target shoot, the .177 might be the way to go, but I have the .22 version and use it for target shooting and also for plinking pine cones out to 50 yards. The .22 is very accurate once you set up your scope to the best yardage for your shooting style. I started out with the 88 cartridges, then bought the 12G adapter, and recently went the 9oz route with B&A adapter. The 9oz is the way to go to lower the costs per ounce of c02 if you do longer shooting sessions. The 12g adapter with 2 12oz cartridges gives me about 60 to 70 strong shots. The 88g cartrides will give you a couple of hundred shots, and the 9oz will give you many, many, hundreds of shots. I'm still shooting my first 9oz bottle and have lost count on the number of shots as it just seems to keep shooting.

Bottom line, with so many ways to go, including an HPA conversion option, do yourself a favor and get one. It might just be the only gun you need. Good luck with your decision!

Respond to this message   
Ralph in La.

a guy with an airgun buying fettish talking to the lot of you . . .

October 26 2011, 3:43 PM 

is like a dam drunk talking to a whiskey salesman with free samples trying to quit drinking. needless to say it's on the way along with some other sundries of course . thanks

Life is a trip

Respond to this message   
Ralph in La.

what pellets do you find friendly with the 850 .22? nt

October 26 2011, 4:01 PM 

Life is a trip

Respond to this message   

jesse
(Login boscoebrea)
YFOT

the RWS Superdome and the JSB Exact Diabolo,it is a fun rifle....nt

October 26 2011, 6:10 PM 

Respond to this message   
Ralph in La.

thanks Jesse nt

October 26 2011, 6:18 PM 

Life is a trip

Respond to this message   
Doug T
(Login Doug-T)
YF

Mine shoots all the JSB's the best closely followed by the Crosman pellets.

October 26 2011, 7:46 PM 

I did LOTS of pellet testing on numerous days with about 20 different types of pellets. It was a toss up to use the JSB 15.9g @ 870fps or the JSB 14.3g @ 900+fps. Both would shoot ragged holes off the bench at 40y. I chose the 14.3g and never looked back. Some were HORRIBLE, mostly the real heavy pellets. The RWS all shot badly.

Respond to this message   
Ralph in La.

you using HPA for those numbers , 26.7 fpe , nice . nt

October 26 2011, 9:33 PM 

Life is a trip

This message has been edited by ralphy101again on Oct 26, 2011 10:17 PM

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.