<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Pellet sizer question

January 22 2012 at 10:50 AM
Ray280  (Login Ray280)
YF

Is there such a thing as a pellet sizer that makes head sizes larger?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Kevin
(Login firmink)
YF

Pellet Sizer

January 22 2012, 11:07 AM 

I use the "Lone Wolf Airgun Accessories Pellet Tool" to shape all my pellet's tails. Most pellets are fine, but for those ones that are out of shape, this tool is the ticket.

This message has been edited by firmink on Jan 22, 2012 11:08 AM

Respond to this message   
Eddie
(Login eddieirvine)
YF

No to your question

January 22 2012, 12:35 PM 

You can size pellest but most do it so pellets are all the same! but you can't make them bigger! Also there used to be allot of talk on sizing, most will tell you it really doesn't do much!

Respond to this message   
Here's what I've been experimenting with.
(Login calvin2a)
YF

There is.

January 22 2012, 9:00 PM 

With the right diameter drill bit shank to prevent the arbor press from going too far down and ruining the pellet, I stand the pellet up and smash it about 1 or 1.5thou. This spreads the skirt for a tighter and consistent fit in the breech.

By smashing Exacts down from 29thou tall to 27.5thou tall, I have spread their skirts enough to get a 10% increase in fps. A 10% speed increase gives you a 21% increase in fpe, regardless of speed.

Of course, speed is not important. Accuracy is.

This message has been edited by calvin2a on Jan 22, 2012 9:02 PM

Respond to this message   
Jim
(Login Jim027)
YF

This made JSB 18.1 shoot good

January 22 2012, 10:33 PM 

in my Mrod. This Chicago rivet toll with home made dies only expands the heads without changing the skirts.
[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Before and after JSB 18.1 at 40 yards

Jim

Respond to this message   
Ray280
(Login Ray280)
YF

perfect, thanks Jim!

January 22 2012, 11:17 PM 

Your example is exactly what I am after. I have a particular gun that is very accurate with one type of pellet, and that one type of pellet has inconsistent head sizes. I will try and make one of your example. Photos much appreciated!

Respond to this message   
Chuck Smith
(Login charlesasmith)
YC

Jim - have you tried sized pellets in other air guns?

January 23 2012, 11:40 AM 

If so, how did it work out? That was an incredible improvement in your one gun.

Chuck Smith

Respond to this message   
Jim
(Login Jim027)
YF

The only other gun that I shoot is a Prod

January 23 2012, 5:30 PM 

This gun shoots H&Ns good and have some good results with some other pellets but the JSB 18.1 and 15.9 give me the best results when resized. It takes a lot adjusting to get the dies just right. This is not a perfect way to getting a perfect pellet. It just makes me able to shoot pellets that I may have had to throw out.
Jim

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.