<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Edgun or Evanix Bullpup?

February 9 2012 at 9:40 AM
John  (Login JOHNSAIRMADNESS)
YC

Ok, I know we no nothing about the Evanix Bullpup yet. But, I have the chance to buy an Edgun right now. I've never held an Edgun or bullpup. I'm torn to what I should do. I told myself several times I wouldn't buy another single-shot Pcp, after having a few other single-shot rifles. Sp has had some pretty good reviews on his Evanix rifle.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login SSRatRacer)
YF

Consider

February 9 2012, 9:46 AM 

You will probably not have an issue on resale of the EDgun if you find it's not for you. The Evanix is a wildcard on this point, since it's new.

Respond to this message   

(Login robnewyork)
YF

the korean gun

February 9 2012, 10:03 AM 

will have the same accuracy , multi shot , and full auto , but will weigh a good 3 lbs more according to most that held one at shot show.We know the gun will be accurate bc its the same action and barrel as the speed.Long term , id go speed, short term and to not risk a dime on investment id go edgun

[linked image]
"i never was much for book learnin"

Respond to this message   

(Login CheckUrSix)
YF

Edgun.."not risk a dime on investment id go edgun" ThiMk

February 9 2012, 5:23 PM 

again, There will be many Edguns for sale in the future, but not like now where there is a premium price paid...that trend will diminish with many that will wish to sell. The asking price of some on the yellow at $2300.00 for an Edgun are history.

Respond to this message   

(Login CheckUrSix)
YF

Ouch! The Evanix Speed weighs 8 LBs without Scope...9.5+ lbs with.

February 9 2012, 7:03 PM 

might be too heavy for long field carry IMO. But not for some.

This message has been edited by CheckUrSix on Feb 9, 2012 7:19 PM
This message has been edited by CheckUrSix on Feb 9, 2012 7:13 PM
This message has been edited by CheckUrSix on Feb 9, 2012 7:08 PM

Respond to this message   

(Login rundlebucket)
YF

Re: Edgun or Evanix Bullpup?

February 9 2012, 10:07 AM 

I wouldn't buy an Edgun right now because if the Evanix prove to be all they appear to be, the value of the Edguns will drop like a rock. SP threw his Cricket in the yard shed after he got his Speed.

Respond to this message   

(Login springloader1)
YFOT

Cricket

February 9 2012, 10:20 AM 

Not in the shed, but in the garage already collecting some dust, LOL Rambo..

Hey John the SPEED bulpup is going to be an awesome gun. I can't wait too.

My SPEED rifle is incredible. My favorite airgun out of my airsenal right now. Just make sure you get a .25cal..

Respond to this message   

(Login robnewyork)
YF

plus from your reviews

February 9 2012, 11:08 AM 

it seems to have the same accuracy as one of the russian guns also.

[linked image]
"i never was much for book learnin"

Respond to this message   

(Login gy954)
YF

Speed Bullpup

February 9 2012, 1:21 PM 

I have a .22 cal Speed and I'm loving it. Gonna start modding it soon. I will add the 9mm bullpup to my collection because I think it will be an iconic airgun very soon.

Respond to this message   

john
(Login C02sniper)
YF

get the edgun...

February 9 2012, 10:31 AM 

balances real nice in the hand and for freehand it shines like all bullpups one must acclimate to the ergonomics of having the breech near you face but with a no recoil pcp powerplant a non issue. History in the recent past has shown that out of the box newly introduced Evanix products may require additional tuning intervention$ to be up to par. The recent reviews on the Evanix bp are based on a prototype factory dolled gun...the gun has not been released to production and in the hands of many users to know. To me the Rainstorm rifle is a great gun and they seem to shine out to the box in recent days vs. the earlier models needing some TLC and intervention. I plan to get the Rainstorm when funds allow for my multishot hunter. The Edgun requires no additional dollars out of the box to be a super shooter. Less to go wrong with the edgun as well and in the future expect a semiauto roto mag magazine upgrade so you can go single or multishot.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

(Login manny6666)
YF12

Single shot is a Deal Killer for me on Small Bores

February 9 2012, 11:04 AM 

.....I've never being interested in a BullPup, but, Boy oh Boy, with the introduction of the Latests Evanix all of a suddend I want one, I would definatly go .25 rather than .22 on the Evanix line.

==============================
DAQ Outlaw .452
707 Ultra "Black Mamba" .357 "Tuned"
707 Ultra .357
Career 707 II Carbine .25
Sumatra Rifle .25
Sumatra Carbine .25 "Tuned"
Walther Talon NP .25
Career 707 II .22
AR6 Pistol .22
Trail NP XL .22
RWS 34 .22
Nitro Venom .22
Hunter Sport .177 "Tuned"
Hunter 220 .177

Respond to this message   

john
(Login C02sniper)
YF

app demandz vary...

February 9 2012, 11:27 AM 

You would dig that Edgun...they really need to introduce the repeater feature with special price for existing US owners.... itz all 'boutz them app demandz in onez hood! And keep the price of the .25 same as the .22 and make it all sizes of the matador platform..

Respond to this message   

(Login ProDrivenAuto)
YF12

EdGun is out of the question will be better shooter! R2 or R3?

February 9 2012, 12:03 PM 

Respond to this message   

sp
(Login springloader1)
YFOT

bulpup

February 9 2012, 12:28 PM 

Guys, I have had every high dollar PCP ever made including a Cricket and I can tell you nothing beats the Speed in my experience. I was skeptical at first but am astonished at it's performance. It requires nothing out of the box. All I have done with mine is fill it with air and pellets. I will be getting the Evanix Pup when it is available without any reserve or concern. I pay for performance and the Speed does it all.

Respond to this message   

(Login ps790xps790)
YF

Evanix Bullpup!

February 9 2012, 1:13 PM 

It's using the SPEED action so the accuracy will be good... It has semi/full auto capabilities... It's cheaper.. Evanix bullpup wins hands down in my opinion.

Respond to this message   

(Login guanshee)
YF

I'd wait and see on the speed as it is too early

February 9 2012, 1:15 PM 

Edguns are proven and is very accurate. I'd say it is too early for a decision on the Evanix's auto feature as things do breakdown once you have more mechanics.

I'll be waiting to see what happens.

Respond to this message   

(Login POP22)
YF

How about this....

February 9 2012, 2:13 PM 

Hammerli Pneuma Bullpup Kit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D782cbzq26E

Know guns, Know peace, know liberty.
No guns, no peace no liberty.

Respond to this message   

john
(Login C02sniper)
YF

Evanix auto BP analogy...

February 9 2012, 2:16 PM 

if this comes out as an out of box no value added TLC tender loving and care extra time and or tune monies to add to the already robust up price... it will be "the new m$%^ snake on the M#$% bullpup plane"! Sign me up Scotty..then... The Cricket I hear are few and far in between and hard to import to what was the USA.

Respond to this message   
anewguy
(Login anewguy)
YFOT

of course, Evanix semi auto bullpup!

February 9 2012, 3:33 PM 

In bullpups, the bolt in the rear doesn't make a lot of sense.

Semi auto seems a lot more practical, actually, it makes a hell
of a lot of sense, LOL.

Assuming the accuracy is close betweeen the the 2 guns, I would
go with Evanix.

Respond to this message   

(Login CheckUrSix)
YF

Not Edgun....Not repeater, Overpriced and inflated because

February 9 2012, 5:13 PM 

of Supply and demand....No place to have them serviced and parts are hard to get. Do not like the cocking bolt next to face. Once this Evanix is used by more shooters and we get many with feedback....Those who bought the single shot Edgun will try to sell them and just like now you can hardly get one...they will drop drastically in price. Time will tell.

Respond to this message   

john
(Login C02sniper)
YF

Edguns are keepers...

February 10 2012, 10:13 AM 

and just plain better materials like in tube, gauges, finish used over the Evanix line. Worth its price and expect to see them used near the retail price. The Euro and import factors make this gun like 400 higher than it needs to be. I hooked my buddy and boss with one back in Feb 2010 and it spends extensive time with me on long term loan. I have put over 1500 shots on this gun and continue to grow with it. The cocking bolt is nice but I believe they are coming out with a side lever option soon n multishot breeach. The bolt is not a deal breaker and if you were into bullpups back in the day and saw the main use of the Edgun...crow hunting via cars it fits dat needz....

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Edgun or Evanix Bullpup?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

******** Buy 3rd/4th gen FX Pumps for Superior quality and unbeatable 5 year factory Warranty.********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.