<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

AA T 200 my Field Target Hunter Class Weapon of choice

May 8 2012 at 9:55 AM
  (Login pcanting)
YF

Hi guys....

I want to share with you the details of my weapon of choice for Hunter Field Target Class....

I am using a modified Air Arms T200 (I think is almost the same as the AA S200, maybe with different stock and other things that I don't really know about, anyway my friend Manolo González which is the one that modified the rifle told me that there is difference besides de stock).....

Well, let's go down to business!

My gear is:
1. AA T200
2. .177 cal.
3. 8.4g
4. Crony - 880 FPS.
5. 14.33 FPE.
6. Barrel - LW.
7. Brass Muzzle Brake/Diffuser.
8. Scope - Hawke Eclipse 30 SF 6-24X50.

Details:
1. This is a regulated rifle - This means that I can fill the air reserve all the way to 3,200 psi without any worries regarding changing my point of impact. Another good thing is that the rifle could give me between 50-60 shots per fill, but I don't like to push it to the limit (around 1,800 psi prior regulation) so in a normal competition day I will fill the air reserve 3 times, before my practice prior the competition starts, before the competition and at the middle of the competition, but believe me, this little guy..... if I want, I could shoot almost all the competition with it, which I don't do but if I have to I could.

My weapon of choice....
[linked image]

Rifle Regulator
[linked image]

[linked image]

LW Barrel & Muzzle B....

[linked image]

[linked image]

Hawke Eclipse 30 SF 6-24X50....

For me this is the perfect scope for the purpose, not as expensive as a Hawke Sidewinder 30, which I have in my backup rifle (Chinese QB79 with a JB stock....well but I'll talk later in other post), anyway besides that I can only use it up to 12X magnification, I love this scope for the clarity. The only thing that I regret is that I don't have a sunshade for the scope and maybe I'm wrong but I don't see a sunshade for this scope as a option for in the Hawke web page.

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

More pics...

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Guys, this little guy is an outstanding Hunter Field Target Class rifle, easy to handle specially in the forced positions during a match, but what really impress me is the accuracy of the rifle, I can knock down no covers with 3/8 of kill zone at 27, 35 all the way up to 45 yards....beyond this distance, I don't have the skills.....ji,ji,ji....lol...!!!!, I don't have any photos of a group for this rifle but latter on I will post some.

Last, I don't really know the details of the modifications performed to the rifle but for more details you could contact my friend Manolo González at mgonzalez663@ymail.com.

Enjoy....

Hit it hard and keep it on target....!!!!

Paul

Paul R. Canting

This message has been edited by pcanting on May 8, 2012 9:56 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login LARRYPIRRONE1)
YF

looks like a great settup

May 8 2012, 10:09 AM 

hunter class is a big deal at our club.

what sidewheel did you use? did you have to modify it?

Respond to this message   

(Login pcanting)
YF

Sidewheel....

May 8 2012, 10:29 AM 

Hi Larry:

The sidewheel is done out of PVC material, the details of the sidewheel and other details regarding any of the mods for my rifle, please contact Manolo González, which is my Air gunsmith at mgonzalez663@ymail.com.

In terms of Hunter Class, let me tell you something my friend, despite what some fellow shooters believe, this Class is quite difficult to shoot, only 12X max magnification, no harness, no jacket.....is true that lots of shooters start in this class but is not easy, not at all.

At this moment I'm practicing for PCP class but I will not compete formally until next year.

I really like Hunter Class....quite challenging....!!!

Enjoy,

Hit it hard and keep it on target....!!!

Paul

Paul R. Canting

Respond to this message   

(Login LARRYPIRRONE1)
YF

i agree with you that its not an easy class

May 8 2012, 3:16 PM 

i don't do it because i don't want to embarras myself. It is easy to get into on an entry level basis though and for some of the odler shooters who don't want to get down on the ground or have bad knees it extends the years that they can compete. We take it seriously in our club and have divided it into open and springer.

Respond to this message   

(Login pcanting)
YF

FT Hunter....

May 8 2012, 4:03 PM 

The same here in Puerto Rico my friend, but we have a lot of shooters in PCP Class, but the FT Hunter is starting to grow...!!!

Have fun,

Hit it hard and keep it on target....

Paul

Paul R. Canting

Respond to this message   

(Login jlucas50)
YC

Excellent choice of platforms.......

May 8 2012, 10:36 AM 

Hope you're really successful. Have you considered a quick fill adapter for your cylinder?

"Silence is the only thing that can hinder the Truth"

Respond to this message   

(Login pcanting)
YF

Quick fill Adapter

May 8 2012, 11:07 AM 

Hi John:

No really......but thanks for your input...!!!

Paul

Paul R. Canting

Respond to this message   

(Login pcanting)
YF

"Quick fill Adapter"

May 8 2012, 7:19 PM 

Hi John:

First of all, sorry for my poor English....ji,ji,ji,ji....lol, I just realized you question regarding the Quick Fill Adapter, I do have one in my rifle at the other side of the regulator....!!! which is at the left side of the rifle if you look at it from the back.....

In the following photo, take a close look at the left side of the scope sidewheel you will find the "QUICK FILL ADAPTER"....!!!
[linked image]

Hope this clarifies everything.

Enjoy,

Hit it hard and keep it on target!!!

Paul Roger
PD: For more information regarding the rifle you may contact my Air Gunsmith, Manolo González at mgonzalez663@ymail.com

Paul R. Canting

Respond to this message   

(Login jlucas50)
YC

Got it. I missed it in your first set of pics. nt

May 9 2012, 11:39 AM 

"Silence is the only thing that can hinder the Truth"

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - AA T 200 my Field Target Hunter Class Weapon of choice
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

******** Buy 3rd/4th gen FX Pumps for Superior quality and unbeatable 5 year factory Warranty.********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.