<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Got the Logun MK II out for some high elevation ground squirrel hunting

May 12 2012 at 12:20 PM
VarmintAir  (Login VarmintAir)
YF

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Had a chance last week, to do a bit of high elevation ground squirrel hunting. Did a blog story about it, along with some video from the hunt. Anyone interested can read the story and view the video here:

http://varmintair.typepad.com/varmintairs_blog/2012/05/got-out-for-a-little-ground-squirrel-and-munk-hunting-with-my-logun-mk-ii-20-cal.html Thanks for looking.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Darryl
(Login turbodt)
YF

silly man!

May 12 2012, 1:33 PM 

Of course we're ALWAYS interested in your blog! I think we're all the better for it too. You are a priceless resource, and I thank you (except for the part where I want to own some of the rifles you showcase, and may wind up in the poor house for it :D )
thank you for all you do.
darryl
PS the video is your usual great bit of work now I want Logun MK-II to go along with my Logun S16-FAC.

This message has been edited by turbodt on May 12, 2012 1:40 PM

Respond to this message   
VarmintAir
(Login VarmintAir)
YF

Thanks Darryl. I'm not to sure about the

May 12 2012, 3:39 PM 

priceless resource part, but I sure do love varmint hunting with airguns and sharing the experiences with other folks. I'm always hopeful that I might inspire someone to give it a try. The Logun MK II is a beautifully made rifle. I guess I've had this one for about eight/nine years now, and she's a sweet shooter for sure.

Respond to this message   
Mark
(Login MAR1178)
YF

Good job .20 cal

May 12 2012, 2:17 PM 

Glad to see someone else hunting with 20 caliber.Mine is a huntsman xl in .20 and very accurate I guess I have always liked 20cal guns
Ever since I got my first Sheridan when I was young. Keep up the good work and Cliff thanks for all the videos.

Respond to this message   
VarmintAir
(Login VarmintAir)
YF

Thanks, glad you enjoy the vids. nt

May 12 2012, 3:41 PM 

Respond to this message   
anewguy
(Login anewguy)
YFOT

I used to have one in .22

May 12 2012, 2:36 PM 

It was almost the perfect gun for except for a few things.

-it was loud even when shrouded
-it had jamming issues with the loading gate

I also like the inline mag a lot, more than traditional mags. Just reload as needed,
no mags to carry around.

Thanks for the vid. Made me nostalgic, LOL.

Respond to this message   
VarmintAir
(Login VarmintAir)
YF

I've got the loading gate adjustment

May 12 2012, 3:52 PM 

down to a science. I use a set of calipers to set mine, and I've never had an issue of any kind. I don't really pay any attention to the sound of any of my PCP's. For the most part, I'm only using them out in the wide open spaces, and in that environment, none of them are very loud. Last week, the area I was hunting in was surrounded by 3.5 million acres of National Forest.

What I find happens, more often than not is, the sound of the gun going off will make other critters in the area sit up, look around, and wonder, "what was that sound?" Unlike with powder burners, where the report of the gun going off, sends everything into hiding for an hour. Even the loudest of my PCP's, is quiet in comparison.

Respond to this message   

Darryl
(Login turbodt)
YF

well, no use placing a WTB for the Logun Mk-II now,

May 12 2012, 6:59 PM 

I'm sure the prices will go through the roof just like the FX2000 and the Rapier did after someone **cough-cough** blogged about how great they are. Of course based on that guy, I bought a P-rod. I also found a Timberwolf before those went out of sight too. Guess I'll spend the rest of this weekend at the off ramps collecting beer cans. A couple of tons ought to get me close. Maybe sell some more blood... happy.gif That Logun sure looks like a neat rifle though. That must be a custom stock in the picture. Yeah, nice going, VA. Got me wanting rifles that are out of production! LOL!!
your fan darryl

Respond to this message   
VarmintAir
(Login VarmintAir)
YF

LOL! Hey, it could be worse.

May 12 2012, 7:34 PM 

I might have had you wanting guns that are still in production, and available with a key click and a credit card number. See all of the money I'm saving you. LOL. Actually, that is the factory thumbhole stock. I love the thing. It fits me like a custom glove. They also made them with a sporter type stock. I'm very partial to thumbhole stocks, so I went that route.

Respond to this message   

Darryl
(Login turbodt)
YF

well, I did lust after the FX Whisper

May 12 2012, 8:28 PM 

but only a hot minute. Your blog presents rifles in such ways as to make them almost irresistible. The older, the better, Yes, you've saved me some money, but you've cost me BIG TIME too. I mean that in the best of lights happy.gif
darryl

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Traj Plot by RC    Airgun Calculators    number of fills Calc    cc gun volumes    Add your Pic

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.